2016 Political Map By Precinct

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Ken Anderson, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The New York Times has published a map showing how the country voted at the precinct level, which is even more telling than the county one that we've all probably seen. The map can be found here.

It gives additional information as well. For example, my precinct, which includes Millinocket and half of East Millinocket, was a Trump precinct, voting 53-41% for Trump. The nearest Clinton precinct from me is in West Enfield, Maine, a 58-minute drive. Medway, just east of here, went 69-26% for Trump.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

This is a little off-topic for this thread, but it is at least closely related.
    I saw this on one of my patriot groups on facebook. It is a snapshot of a voting ballot from the state of Oregon, and you can see that where it shows the political affiliation of candidates, it shows “Democrat/Working families” where it would normally just say Democrat or Republican.
    When I read more about this, another person said that they had had people come to their house promoting Democratic candidates as being for “working families”, thus implying that is who these candidates represent.
    I showed Bobby, and he also believes that this should not be legal for a state to do.
    725D9F6D-B39D-4A68-A275-26F92D2F8C8A.jpeg

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_2719.JPG I put in my address and I'm in a Trump precinct...

Ken Anderson likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The Democrat/Working Families is a minor political party (separate from the Democrat Party) founded in New York, and active in about a dozen states, including Oregon. Since I don't see a Democrat Party on that particular ballot, it might be that the Democrats are operating at the Democrat/Working Families label. I don't know. According to Wikipedia, the D/WF party usually endorses the Democrat candidate although, in some cases, they have endorsed Republican candidates, only occasionally putting up their own candidate. Oregon is one of only a few states that allows fusion voting, which I think means that two or more parties can nominate the same candidate, and votes for that candidate under whatever party label is counted. It doesn't sound fair to me.