2024 R N C

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Beth Gallagher, Jul 15, 2024.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We're watching the start of the convention on Scripps News (OTA TV FTL). The common-taters are saying that Trump will announce his VP choice later today.

Rubio stated it is not him and Burgum also says it is not him. So that leaves JD Vance or Tim Scott...?? I don't know a lot about Vance. What do y'all think?

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have just been reading that RFK is in Milwaukee, and meeting with Trump. So, it might still be a possibility.
    I had thought maybe Trump Jr, or even General Flynn. All of the JFK Jr. people are still saying he is alive and will be VP; so there is that to add into the mix.
    I guess we are all just waiting to see who Trump has chosen.

Edit to add:
    Actually, I think that choosing RFK Jr. would be a genius move for Trump, and would go a long way towards bringing unity to the country.
    Kennedy’s have always been Democrats, and a lot of people wanted RFK and not Biden at the primary, but Biden didn’t allow it, so RFK ended up running as an independent.
    So, now he has his Democrat backing, plus the independents that didn’t want either Biden or Trump, or the other smaller candidates.
    This could help to bring together all three, Dems, GOP, and Independents.

IMG_6749.jpeg

3. Beth Gallagher

Registered

If it is Trump Jr, I will not be voting in the fall.

John Nopales likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

JD Vance would be good. Tim Scott seems like a nice guy but I expect he'd be a bit like Trump's last choice in Mike Pence. He's not likely to carry on anything that Trump starts. Rubio would dampen my enthusiasm for the ticket considerably so I'll be glad that it's not him. Borgum, I'm not so familiar with. On the occasions that I heard him speak, and from what little I know, I wasn't impressed. He seems to be pretty much allied with the Democrats on the climate change nonsense, and that worries me because they hide a lot of bad stuff in that agenda. A Trump Jr. ticket would be insane, IMO, not that I think Junior is such a terrible choice, but I don't think most Americans want to elect a monarchy. Maybe at some point in the distant future.

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Trump family supports Vance. Kennedy would bring Dems into the fold, but drive many Trump supporters away. News media push Rubio, and Scott is seen by most to be too much an establishment guy. Who knows??

6. Yvonne Smith

What I am seeing on Twitter right now, is people are going to vote for Trump, and it won’t make much difference who he chooses for VP, they are still going to vote for Trump.
    I definitely feel that way !
    I might have preferences, but if Trump is on the ticket, that is who i am voting for. Everyone seems to be hoping it is one person or another, and not a lot of support for any one of them, from what I am reading.

Bobby Cole and Jacob Petersheim like this.
  7. Yvonne Smith

It has been announced, JD Vance is the VP nominee. Also, RFK is now going to get SS protection, since Trump asked for that.

IMG_6751.jpeg

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

That is true to an extent, and is shown in the polls. Trump himself said his choice is made based on who would be the best President should the need arise, not who would bring the most to the ticket in the election. As you can see with the current administration, the opposite choice was made by the Biden crew, and that is now why they cannot shed Biden, as Harris is not Presidential material and was chosen to ticket race and gender boxes, not for capability. Such is the case with the rest of the current administration, DEI over all else.

9. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I will have to study up on Vance, but I am happy to see a younger face on the ticket.

Bobby Cole and Vada Bloom like this.
  10. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm so glad that is settled and all the off-the-wall picks are out of the picture. Geez!

Even though Vance was very low on my own personal list I will be happy about it. I would vote for Trump even if he had picked the dreaded Nikki Haley. o_O

Yvonne Smith and Beth Gallagher like this.
  11. Ken Anderson

Which is all the more reason why he should pick the right man or woman for the job rather than the politically correct one.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Ken Anderson

I think JD Vance was a good choice, as far as I know. I was kind of hoping for someone who wasn't polluted by Congress, and a CNN contributor. He wasn't my first choice by far, but he's been okay lately, and Kristi Noem shot herself in the foot, and it might still be a little early for Vivek Ramaswamy. Overall, I think Vance looks pretty good, though.

Don Alaska and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

14. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't know about Vance, but here is what the OTHER SIDE is saying:

Donald Trump has just chosen JD Vance as his running mate for the 2024 election.We knew Trump would pick someone radical, but this choice is beyond dangerous.

JD Vance is not only unfit for office—he’s a threat to our democracy, our values, and our future. Here’s why:

1. Hypocritical and Deceitful: JD Vance once called Trump “reprehensible” and compared him to Hitler. Now, he’s eagerly joining his ticket.
    2. Extreme and Dangerous Beliefs: Vance thinks women should stay in violent marriages and voted against protecting IVF. His views are not just outdated; they’re harmful.
    3. Anti-Democratic Actions: He supported the January 6th insurrection and has been dismissive about Ukraine, undermining our international alliances and democratic norms.

Of course these are the ones attempting to Assinin DJT..............**********

John Nopales likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

I'd like to see or hear a quote of Vance saying that "women should stay in violent marriages." Yeah, that's what we need - more women in violent marriages... no, I doubt that he said that; and what the hell does a war in Ukraine have to do with democratic actions?