3 Cops Killed In Baton Rouge

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Gary Ridenour, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

I did say "parts of Colorado", right?
    Wyoming is the least populated state in Amrtica, but there is quite a number of people that live in Cheyenne and Casper. Billings, Montana isn't that small either. In fact, they have an International airport there. And, BTW, there are enough off ramps w/gas stations in all of those states. It's not all farm and ranchland. To me, those "mountain States" are much more safer than the rest of the U.S.. That's one of the reasons we are going to be moving back to small town in Colorado. I'd rather put up with "inches-to-feet" of snow and cold weather than hearing about all the homicides and gang crap here.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Ever since all this talk about guns and anti government conspiracies, my views seemed to change. I was for Trump from the beginning because I'm a moderate Republican and have never been far right or left.

But everything I read leads me down the path that most of the gun and conspiracy theories all lead back to one source and that's white militia groups. I've just started reading their beliefs and it's very similar to things I read here.

Just read something about a group called the Oath Keepers. These groups are just as scary as the terrorists groups or the far left groups.

All groups on the fringe are dangerous in my opinion. I don't want any militia running the country anymore than I would want the black panthers or whatever black militant groups are out there.

Neither group is mainstay America and both are equally wrong.

Trump seems to be the choice of these groups and I hope it's not what he stands for.

3. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Did I say these places were small? I've been in Casper and Jackson hole and a bunch of towns in Idaho for weeks at a time when I worked for ES&S. I also remember driving through the Tetons in winter to get to another town we were working at and we needed to find gas station and thankfully when we were on empty there was one.
    I've flown into Casper a few times for work and it's the scariest airport to land at. Except for Jackson Hole which is a tourist town I'd go crazy in Wyoming.

All you'll have in Colorado is marijuana. :) actually it's a beautiful state, my sister lives there.

I live in a city that has lots of gang violence but it's the least of my fears because I don't live in that part of town nor do I go there. Gang violence isn't really scary, it's usually gang on gang...kind of like the mafia.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Oh yeah, we can't have people keeping their oaths.

That's what it's like in the Rio Grande Valley too. There's a lot of violence but it's all drug related. Not necessarily gangs, but if you're not involved in the drug trade, it's not so dangerous.

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I agree. Both groups are equally wrong. I'm just saying I'm seeing a rise in militia mentality and that is just as scary as the Black militant movements.

Most of the white militia groups also oppose police and military and urge police and military to join their side in any of these martial law scenarios they talk about. Also if I could find a list of almost every organization in each state, it would make sense that government has them in their sites also.
    They'll be the first to get hit, especially the less populated northern states because in other states it's harder to separate who's who.

Middle of the road is the safest place to be. Also, these are my opinions and views based on what I read and hear just like opposing views are based on what they hear.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2016
    Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yep, and your gun will be no match for that.

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

The scary thing about these militias are not even that they are anti government but since they are the far right extremists they'll probably kill blacks, gays, liberals, Catholics :) and everybody else who they hate.

I would have had a chance with Hitler since I'm not Jewish and I'm blonde and blue eyed but not so sure with these groups.

I fit his description perfectly, maybe not so tall but not short either.

In his speeches and writings, Hitler spread his beliefs in racial "purity" and in the superiority of the "Germanic race"—what he called an Aryan "master race." He pronounced that his race must remain pure in order to one day take over the world. For Hitler, the ideal "Aryan" was blond, blue-eyed, and tall.

8. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Exactly, he will figure a way to blame it on Trump. What a bone-head he is. I hope they run him out on a rail, tarred and feathered. I'm so sick of him I could puke.

Ike Willis likes this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Militias are mostly media hype, dragged out as the good guys by conservatives, and as the scary guys by liberals. In reality, very few people are in militias, and most of those who are participate in much the same way that others might join the Elks Club or the Kiwanis, and for the exercise. When most people finally had to acknowledge the minuscule role played by the Klan in today's society, they began using the threat of a militia as a stand-in. Most militia members are over fifty years old and if anyone tried to join who really wanted to overthrow the government, he'd be kicked out in a hurry. By the way, that's what happened with Timothy McVeigh, the Oklahoma City bomber. Despite his much heralded militia connections, he attended a couple of meetings and was asked not to return. He never was accepted as a member.

Denise Evans likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I have no idea, just saw a long list of them on a website. Well on lots of websites.

I do hope you're right because they do scare me, as much as militant black groups scare me. Extremes of anything scare me. They are never good.

11. Denise Evans

Registered

Good read Ken, this rings true to me. Just like we can't blame all the "bad news" on Islamic Terrorists. Although they are alive and well in this country.

I was just out for a walk today and there was a guy pissed off yelling about something, and the only one around him was his "poor" dog. He wasn't abusing the dog, or I'd called the cops, but he was ranting and using the f word. People were looking of course, trying to figure out if he was going to pull a gun, or what.

Thing is, this country is being run by nuts, and it's almost like all the nuts in the general population see their chance to raise some hell. I don't feel as safe as I did a year ago. I'm not cowering indoors, but I'm wondering how bad it's going to get in my lifetime. Our government is polluted, we need it cleaned up. This started years ago too. I watch old, tv shows and movies, from the 30s, 40s, etc. I'm surprised at all the comments made about corrupt government, way back then.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  12. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

It is quite that the people who are committing these acts are mentally disturbed. A few are people who served the country in the military and the reports of military coming back from overseas with mental problems is very high. The food they get is set up to make sure they have the calories needed to do the job. No attention is for minerals or vitamins. They work hard sweating out the mineral reserve they have in their bodies and not getting it replenished. Also getting soda drinks that prevent good digestion making the problem even worse. They come back to this country sick and how are they helped with drugs that the side effects cause suicide or violence. We need to treat these military and not drug them.
    People have gone to France to visit Lourdes for depression and had miraculous healing I will not discount the religious factor but the water has a very high mineral count and also high in lithium.
    People don’t just wake up one day and say I want to kill someone. These are disturbed people and if we stop drugging them and start curing them when they show up at the doctors office. We need to start holding the medical system responsible for part of the problem.
    Suicide & Antidepressants
    https://www.drugwatch.com/ssri/suicide/
    Top Ten Legal Drugs Linked to Violence
    http://healthland.time.com/2011/01/07/top-ten-legal-drugs-linked-to-violence/

13. Denise Evans

Registered

I agree Martin, there is so much wrong with so many things, it's overwhelming:( But our military men and women need to be more important, a much higher priority put on their care. My God, doesn't anyone realize the sacrifice these people have made to keep us in our "comfort"?? I think the people of America have been spoiled. If people keep on getting all the bennies, and never have had to put anything back, or earn it, they don't know what it took to earn those freebies:( (freedoms)

What a sad country, and depressing. I was walking, as I mentioned earlier, and there was so much trash just dumped along the streets, into the bushes. I wondered why we have all these people here, breaking the law, and why not put them to work picking up trash at least. I think they are sitting in jail being fed, and watching tv. I think this country is a time-bomb.

Martin Alonzo likes this.