40 Hot Dogs ... What Looks Best?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Mari North, Jul 7, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

This page made me so hungry! They all look so good and I'll be trying some of them. (I use turkey dogs, nitrate-free, so it's not taboo for me.) :) I simply can't choose! One is bacon-wrapped with avocado and mayo... yum! But then some have slaw on them which I like, too... especially on BBQ Pork sandwiches. And some have fries on them. Tough choice. If you eat dogs, do any of these look fabulous?

I had one in Gettysburg once with slaw and bacon... delicious!

Here's the Link... what's your favorite?

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I would choose Argentina or Peru. I haven't had a hot dog in a long time but I'm not choosing on healthy choices but what I like.

I like ketchup and onions if it's basic. I like chili, coleslaw, French fries also. Can't stand relish and not fond of mustard unless it's a little bit. I don't like buns too much so it would be without a bun or anyone that doesn't have poppy seeds.

The closest I've come to eating a hot dog are those Aidelles sausages. Without bun.

Mari North likes this.
  3. Mari North

Registered

Good choices. I still can't choose but the Sonora, Carolina, Italian, Columbia, Sweden, and Cleveland look good. Oh, for the Columbia, I'd definitely lose the quail egg! Ugh!

Basic dogs I like ketchup and onions... I'll only eat homemade pepper relish and the roadside stands have it now. Mustard will not touch my lips unless it's sweet mustard and not even then sometimes. Oh, and if it's made like a hot sausage with peppers and onions. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Hey we like the same basics! :)

If I do buy hot dogs and it's rare that I do, I buy the Hebrew Nationals all beef, they seem to be the most pure meat in my opinion and not a lot of nitrates.

5. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

My page was coming up blurry, but I really like the Chicago Dogs at Sonic. I have eaten a lot of hot dogs in my day. I like just about anything on them..but you can't go wrong with either ketchup and onions or mustard and onions. I guess I could say I have rarely met a hot dog I didn't like. A bit of trivia, people i LA eat the most hot dogs. That is a fact I find rather suprising being as you think of all of them being health conscious vegans.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I would have thought Chicago would be the city for eating the most.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That's what I buy too, or another type of all-beef hot dog. I don't eat them often but sometimes they are just plain convenient. Still junk probably, but upscale junk.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
    Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Mmmm. Aww this is easy. I'll take the Coney Dodger Dog style:rolleyes:.

9. Chris Ladewig

Chris Ladewig Veteran Member
    Registered

I have my own jar of mustard so I can dip my hotdog in with every bite. i like the bold brown mustard and sometimes kraute.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Ken Anderson

Usually, if I feel hungry for a hotdog, I opt for a Kielbasa or another type of sausage. Kielbasa and sauerkraut are a good team.

Frank Sanoica and Chris Ladewig like this.
  11. Mari North

Registered

I've been trying some of the different kinds of sausages... and enjoying most of them. At the moment I have "Bourbon Apple Chicken Sausage." I copied about 8 of my favorites from the link I shared here and I'm going to buy 'dogs or sausages tomorrow to try one or two of them out.

The "Hardwood Smoked Turkey Hot Dogs" I get are Oscar Meyer and uncured, so no nitrates.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh my goodness! I feel like I have sinned after looking at those dogs! I am ashamed to say that I could not pick just one. I picked 8! Lord forgive me.

Maggie Rose and Mari North like this.
  13. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I like all meat hot dogs with relish, mustard and either jalapeno or pepperoncini slices with my hot dog. We have a small family so we just use bread that we have on hand for our buns. We like tatter tots with our hot dogs or chips of some kind too is alright. There was in the past waffle hot dog and we loved it! We drive from Pearl City all the way to Waikiki where they sold waffle hot dog back in the day and we'd order ours with mustard and fires!

14. Mari North

Registered

Hehe I copied 8 down, too, @Texas Beth ... that would be Sonora, Carolina, Italian, Potato Dog, Columbia, Sweden, and Cleveland. Uh... that's 7. Must have changed my mind about one. Oh, and the quail egg definitely comes off when I make the Columbia! :eek:

15. Ken Anderson

Oh, I see. I hadn't followed the link. Of the ones there, the ten that look good are, in order:
    1. Kansas City
    2. Germany
    3. Cleveland
    4. Seattle
    5. New York
    6. Coney
    7. Italian
    8. Amsterdam
    9. Michigan
    10. Doyer Dog
    Some of the others also sounded like they might be good, minus a disgusting ingredient or so. I'm not particularly adventurous.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Chris Ladewig likes this.