50 To 80 A Super 30 Years

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Lon Tanner, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

Despite irritating surgeries to gall bladder, knees, prostate, thyroid, hernia,I was able to be extremely active physically and enjoy all water sports, racquet sports, golf, running, extensive travel both domestic and abroad and totally retire. I have no regrets and am so glad that I did not delay as so many men do.
    Now at age 84 I don’t like my physical limitations
    but can accept them and live with them. My mind is sharp and my thinking clear.

2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Congrats on 84 Lon! I hope I am good if I reach that age.

3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Lon Tanner
    Lon, I wish to express my most heartfelt feelings to you for having enjoyed our later years.

I recall sparring with you on that other seniors forum, and feel remorseful of things I said.
    Frank

4. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Congrats from me as well @Lon Tanner. That's what a retiree's life should be like after a hard working life, except the ailments of course. I wish I'd reach your age after having had a whale of a time in between like you. That has always been my aspiration because working life was awful and prevented me from living. I just had to function and to work long hours. That's why I retired earlier and accepted a reduced pension. Just keep going and enjoying it as much as possible.

Holly Saunders and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

To me it is not about living longer is about living better while I'm still:)

Von Jones likes this.
  6. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Like they say, 'Life begins at retirement'. Went shopping yesterday, almost like one of those shop till you drop days. Replaced a couple of harmonicas, bought a pair of sandals, renewed my vehicle registration. If I was still filing a tax return, and itemizing, I'd charge all these harps off as a medical expense since they have been prescribed. And if that were the case I'd have three or four chromatics, another set or two diatonic harps, and a pistol packing mama knockout ukulele or a four string banjo to play with. I might even get a haircut.

7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Congratulations, @Lon Tanner , on a life well lived. You are a wise and very fortunate man.

8. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

@Lon, my 82 years salute your 84 years!
    Hal

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

It's good to read another life experience. Reaching eighty is a privilege. Every day we hear of famous people dying pre eighty and I say a prayer. It's sad that we foolishly squander life up to seventy, time is limitless tomorrow will do.
    Suddenly you realise projects forecast to finish in ten years have no relevance. It's then that you wish you had bought that Harley instead of a glittering bathroom when you reached fifty.
    Having said that, whatever your age enjoy today, even if it is just sitting in the house reminiscing.

10. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Jim Nash ....."even if it is just sitting in the house reminiscing."

I do a TON of that!
    Frank