9-11 Conspiracies

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Ken Anderson, Mar 23, 2016.

1. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Aw, thank you, @Chrissy Page ... sure did need that hug this week! I was appalled to see this particular thread opened back up yesterday after it caused so much heartache before. But... whatever.

This 911 BS grinds on my nerves like nothing else. I can (and do) admit the possibility of the government knowing about the threat or something... and of course I know about our former ties to Bin Laden. But this plane not hitting garbage... well, those are the same minds that have JFK and Elvis still being alive and playing poker on some isolated island in the Pacific.

I won't fall for the bait this time... not real fond of being mocked for my personal beliefs.

You need to take it easy because of those tests. Seriously. You know how to contact me if needed... *NOT* via PM, please. Just because. 'Nuff said. :mad:

2. Mari North

Registered

I'd have to add unless it's toxic people... some people really do have an aura about them that is total polar opposite to what's coming out of the mouth (or fingers if it's online typing "words.) It's easy to spot and much more dangerous than those who don't try to hide their true persona. Sometimes we need support that isn't toxic. But this isn't the thread for my analyzing... there's a thread somewhere about vampire people.. it would fit there maybe.

EDITED to SAY: Um... if anyone else misunderstands this post like Yvonne did, and her husband did and sent me a horrifying email, this was NOT about Yvonne :) and I don't know why she thought it was. It was about someone who crushed my spirit many years ago after pretending to be my sole support. In this thread, I was agreeing with Yvonne that we all need support unless it's toxic support... but that's exactly what I said, so I don't know where it was mis-read. And I sure don't know why I got the seething email. I'm very sad. :(

Last edited: Jul 13, 2016
    Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Anyone who for, whatever reason, simply cannot tolerate any discussion that varies from the government media reports on 9/11 (or any other conspiracy theory) can simply choose not to read these threads or participate in them. It is an international debate, after all. Anything else surely falls into the too easily offended category.

5. Mari North

Registered

What about "too easily misunderstood?" :) Seriously, I know you're right, @Ken Anderson and personally I try to stay away from hot topics lately, but I hope I would have been allowed to "defend my honor" when something I said was so horribly misunderstood? And I thank you for allowing me to do that and not deleting that post. I still don't know what happened because there was no basis to think what was thought.

In any case, thank you for the opportunity for me to try to explain that in case anyone else misunderstood.

Bobby Cole and Ken Anderson like this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It doesn't offend me, Ken. It scares me that after all the debunking people still believe this. Who it offends would be people who's loved ones died in 911.

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't allow me to post that the bible is a conspiracy theory.

There's tons of material to show that.

It's my anger and frustration at not being able to say what I want that was the point I was making but I have to skirt around the issue or
    I would offend a lot of you.

It's the fact that the people who believes most of these things tend to be Trump supporters makes me realize how split the Republican Party is.

I know lots of republicans and if they knew that people who believe in a flat earth or lizard people
    Or even a young earth are voting trump I think they will be upset too.

Until I came here I didn't see any of this except for 911.
    Also scares me that these people have guns.
    Not so much the 911 ct but the other outrageous ones out there.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

If you started a thread for that, certainly I would. What you believe or don't believe doesn't hurt anyone else.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Some things do hurt people's feelings, Ken.

It would just anger people and there wouldn't be any point to it because I wouldn't change anybody's mind anyway.
    It would just be a waste of time.

9. Ken Anderson

I don't believe the government told us the truth about the Trade Tower attacks on September 11, 2001. I consider the official story to be just another conspiracy theory, and I don't believe any of them. I don't think we'll ever know what really happened on that day.

10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree with you Ken we might never know the real story. It is funny that people are so defensive if you ask questions about it.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Who's defensive? It's just that it's been 15 years and all the same questions that have been answered a hundred times still don't get through to the conspiracy theorists.

12. Ken Anderson

That's because the answers don't speak to the questions that have been raised. Repetition is enough for some people, who will eventually accept anything that they've heard repeatedly, but it's not enough for everyone. More effort has been placed on ridiculing or demonizing anyone who asks the questions than on actually answering the questions with answers that are satisfying.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think they've all been answered by experts in the certain fields. I just think people aren't hearing the answers.
    Also if you're not an expert in a certain field
    How would you even know what's right or wrong.
    There's a lot of different sciences involved in the explanations.

14. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I think the word conspiracy should be dropped, because I don't think everyone has the same definition for the word. If we just say this is a theory by so-and-so, or this is my theory, then it becomes something that we can weigh the different factors of all such ideas ourselves.

It's sort of like religion. There are many of them. But I do like to hear what they say for myself, not just believe because someone famous said so.

Remember when people got upset when it was first suggested that Colubus didn't find America first. The Texas education system blew up. Now that caused a bunch of different theories. Some even thought that was a conspiracy.

But I do enjoy speculating on most ideas.

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

What I don't get is these people can't believe something they saw with their own eyes in NYC yet they'll believe a book written thousands of years ago by men who could have been eating some hallucinagenic plants
    Which I'm sure were in abundance back then
    And believe that God spoke to Moses who could have been hallucinating or mentally ill. I'm sure people had mental illinesses also and heard voices.

This is all believable but seeing a plane crash into a building is not! Then to say that the plane didn't have passengers yet family
    Had people on these flights...it boggles my mind.

Sheldon Scott likes this.