A Christmas Decoration Thread

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Denise Evans, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

for a lot of reasons, but one thing I love to do is take a drive and look at how folks decorate, and I like to put up a few of my own.

I live in an apartment, so nothing outdoors I can decorate except my door, and a little, small porch. Haven't done that yet. I am blessed to have to, large picture windows though, so I am working on them a little so far;) Thought I would snap some photos (not very clear) and show you guys. If you decorate, or see some decorations and want to snap some shots, I'd love seeing them:

My little tree, Wally World special, 15 bucks (fiber optic)

2016-11-27 17.29.47.jpg

String of white lights I got at Grocery Outlet for 4.99! I am nuts about little, white lights;)

white lights from xmas.jpg

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks so cosy there - loverly :D

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Denise Evans

Registered

It feels great in here. I felt down, and just got some enthusiasm and started putting things around. Oh, I forgot my "Jonah's Boathouse" LOL! I'm going to wait til this evening to take a pic so it will show up better:) Just a little ceramic house with a light inside is all;)

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Denise Evans likes this.
  5. Denise Evans

Registered

I am so lucky, well, blessed:) I didn't do a great job putting in some hooks, lol, didn't have a steady chair to stand on. It's kind of nice for the neighbor down through the trees there, they can see some lights;) Where my tree is, folks that live here can see that;) Not many decorating. Hope I can get some more people in the spirit. Many up in their 90s. Our lobby/rec room gets decorated to the max though;) I'll have to get pics of that when they are finished decorating;)

Diane Lane and Joe Riley like this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Looks really cosy and lovely Denise...great job... :D

I haven't started my decs yet...I won't be getting the 7 foot tree down from the attic this year hubs can't be bothered getting it down just to put it back up a few days later ....so instead I'll probably just decorate the fireplace.

Diane Lane and Denise Evans like this.
  7. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

We still have "Glasswax Stencils", that are antiques, and I still carefully use them on the mirrors. When I was a teen and at home, I would use water paints to paint a Nativity scene on the mirror above the mantle.
    [​IMG]

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

One thing my wife loves to do for Christmas............decorate! Depending on how my foot is (from the fall I took at a Halloween Party last month), within the next week or so, will dictate how much we will decorate. Seen an ankle/foot surgeon this AM and am now wearing a Squared-Toe Post-Op Shoe. Much better than the wrap-around Velcro Support I had on. I can actually walk in this shoe, so don't need crutches anymore. So, if the foot is good enough for it, will get the 7', 3 section pre-lite tree, from garage and set it up. Will also decorate around the fireplace and our front door (lite-up Wreath and door lights). Will also put our electric candles in 4 windows. Might put up lighted Candy Canes along the sidewalk to our apartment. All of this, if the foot is able to handle it. If not, will buy a small fiber-optic tree for our dining room table.

Once year, we put lights on the bottom of our roof, half way around our apartment. Also had blinking lights on our bushes in front. It all looked really cool, but haven't been physically able to do that the last couple of years.

One thing for sure, we will have some type of Christmas décor up.

9. Denise Evans

Registered

I love decorated Mantles Holly, it will be lovely and I hope you'll take a snap for us:)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Denise Evans

Registered

Hope you can get around ok to help Cody, and maybe you can take a snap or two to share with us!! I have a route mapped out where I'm going to walk to get photos of others decorations around our small town. I love lights, and all things Christmas!!

Joe Riley likes this.
  11. Denise Evans

Registered

Oh super cool Joe!! Be sure and get some snaps for us k?? I know I start early decorating, but I so love it, and want to make it last as long as I can;)

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

I am getting so many visitors you guys, LOL!! My neighbors are coming by to see what all I have up so far. Many of them don't do decorations, and I think most of my neighbors don't get very excited. Some are very ill, crippled up etc. I think they are having fun seeing my lights;) When I see them peeking in the windows, I invite them in for a tour, LOL! One little lady was just hear a few minutes ago! Good way for me to get out of the blues, that's for sure:)

13. Denise Evans

Registered

Here's my other little decoration I almost forgot was up in the closet:)

Jonah's Boat Recovery, LOL!!

jonahs.jpg

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

This is the little country church that we display. We will be putting it up soon.

IMG_4703.JPG

15. Denise Evans

Registered

Ohhhhhhh I love it Joe!! I think tomorrow, I'm going to get some of that white, cottony stuff to sit my Boathouse on;) I would love to get more of these little houses, maybe if I find one for the right price, I'll get one more. Start collecting one each year, lol:) Thanks for the pic!!