A Christmas Decoration Thread

Discussion in 'Holidays & Traditions' started by Denise Evans, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

@Ina I. Wonder -I am touched by your Christmas story and the picture of your tree. Thank you!:)

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I am happy @Ina I. Wonder that you gave out of your sadness to brighten your grandson's world for Christmas. You are a very special woman and I pray that our Creator will bless you in a very special way this Christmas.

3. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt , he already has. He brought me all of you wonderful people. Without you beautiful souls, I would have no one to talk to. It's the hearing him that I need to work on.

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

;) It's the hearing Him we all need to work on @Ina I. Wonder There are a lot of beautiful souls on this Forum Ina and more in the making each day. Your beautiful soul helps make all of ours shine brighter too. :)

5. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

First shot is of the black paper chain we made for a smaller tree downstairs:) It was fun to make, and we tried to draw designs with glue, and then spoon sparkles over the glue. Some came out really pretty, but most of all, just fun;)

Second is some sand-dollars a lady got at the beach here, and painted them. Her husband drilled the holes so they could put yarn through and hang as ornaments;)

chain.jpg

sand dollars.jpg

6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Denise Happyfeet it looks like you are finding the Christmas spirit. For every smile you bring to those at your new home, you instantly receive a gift. How cool that has to be. Will there be a holiday dinner for everyone? If so, do you get to help with the cooking? You could offer to teach a computer beginner's course to some of you fellow tenants. :p :D

You're already dressed as Santa's helper, and I can just see you bouncing from one person to another. Know anything about the Kindle Fire? I'm trying to set one up for my brother, and it is looking like he'll be getting it for his birthday on the third of January, instead of for Christmas. I ended up sending him a check instead of the Kindle.

Diane Lane and Babs Hunt like this.
  7. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

IMG_3790.JPG
    Well @Denise Happyfeet It is not much but you have inspired me to decorate a little for Christmas too. Thank you for that inspiration! :)

Our "unusual" Christmas tree is one that my Honey's best friend made him quite a few years ago. We put it out as our indoor tree during Christmas to honor his memory as Randy ended up having a massage stroke which left him unable to walk, talk, or do for himself in any way. He was only in his early 50's when this happened to him...and after the stroke he refused to see any of his friends, etc. We don't even know where he is or if he is still alive...so this is our way of letting Randy know he will always be in our hearts and prayers.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  8. Denise Evans

Registered

Boy did you hit the nail on the head for me Ina, how true on "hearing him I need to work on". I've always been confused by whether or not it's God talking to me, or just those dang voices in my head, which are almost always wrong, hugs coming your way this a.m.

[​IMG]

9. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Happy Christmas week! It's hard to believe it's less than a week until Christmas Eve, and Christmas itself is a week from today. I haven't seen many Christmas decorations in my travels, and the stores here aren't playing Christmas tunes. I was surprised when the cashiers at the stores looked at me strangely when I said Merry Christmas. My neighbor has her place all decorated outside. They do it all outside, rather than inside, which is a little odd to me, but very nice to look at. I do it the opposite. All inside, and sometimes a little outside, or at least with the curtains open at night, so people can see the lights. Day by day, I'm adding a bit to my little tabletop tree. I couldn't get the fiber optic part working, so I pulled the white lights from the sign I made last year, and used them on the tree. My other lights all had green cords, and they wouldn't look right on the silver tree. T 20161215_113659.jpg 20161217_195646_resized.jpg 20161217_195655_resized.jpg Merry Christmas Y'all sign I made.jpg he sign got a bit bent anyway. I added a cardinal yesterday, and the topper today. I'm still going to add some more ornaments, and possibly some red beaded garland. Doing it a little at a time adds to my Christmas spirit. It's been a struggle this year, but I'm slowly getting there.

10. Denise Evans

Registered

Lovely Diane!! Thanks for sharing these pic with us:) I love the little, red bird with her eggs. Kind of neat to think "new life" That's what we were given for Christmas;)

I've said Merry Christmas to all I see in stores, checkers, employees, as well as a few shopped. I'd say 9 out of 10 say it right back with a smile, like, yeah, we want to keep it that way too;)

11. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Diane Lane - Loverly
    I especially like the birdie and eggs (of course) such a lovely addition :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I love the birdie and eggs in the nest too @Dianne Lane. My middle daughter made me one of those in craft time at her school one year...and I hung it on our Christmas tree every year until it fell apart. :)

Ina I. Wonder and Diane Lane like this.
  13. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Thanks @Patsy Faye and @Babs Hunt. We always put birds on our trees in my family. They're supposed to bring good luck. I just re-did the tree from top to bottom, and hopefully I'll leave it this way now :).

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  14. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Diane Lane it's the effort that counts. I'm not real into the holidays myself, but like you, I need to do it for those around me. That's the important thing isn't it? Your tree with the little red bird is just the right touch. Merry Christmas Diane.

Diane Lane and Joe Riley like this.
  15. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

@Babs Hunt you are so pretty. I'm happy to be able to put face to your uplifting personage.

Babs Hunt likes this.