A Kidney For Love

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Amie Ar, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    [photo from People]
    'What the world needs now is love, sweet love
    It's the only thing that there's just too little of
    What the world needs now is love, sweet love
    No, not just for some but for everyone...'

So goes the lyrics of the song composed by Burt Bacharach and popularized by versions of Jackie DeShannon, Diana Ross, Dione Warwick, Whitney Houston and a whole lot more popular singers all over the world. But it seems the message was so resoundingly heard especially through the hearts of siblings and brothers.

Wesley (19 years old) and Colin(15 years old) were biological brothers. But now they both share a 'common bond' not just being real brothers themselves but they now share a 'common kidney.'
    Wesley and Colin have undergone a successful kidney transplant operation transferring Wesley's kidney to Colin.
    The surgery was done in Syracuse. The boys are now feeling great and recovering.

Source: People

Krissttina Isobe and Patsy Faye like this.
  2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't want to ruin the positive message of this thread so probably I have to stick to the photo of those brothers. Having 1 kidney is not that easy much more when you are the transplat patient. I remember the story of 2 toddlers where the 5-year old sister got sick so the younger brother had forced himself to donate blood. And after the transfusion, the 4-year old brother was surprised to learn that he will not die. All the while, he thought he would be giving all his blood just to save his sister. And he agreed to that idea, huh.

3. Amie Ar

Amie Ar Veteran Member
    Registered

i agree Corie. I firmly believe: LOVE moves in mysterious ways for everyone to experience its greatness.

Corie Henson likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

This is a touching story it is a lot nicer than the real world.
    In the real world they are stealing kidneys or going to poor countries and buying them to sell to the highest bidder this is happening in Nepal, Philippines, Indonesia, Bangladesh and other places

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

What a nice story about Colin and his brother Wesley. I saw Golden Girls where Blanch was asked to give one of her kidneys for her sister that she really didn't like. People who have the opportunity to be a life giver is lucky, for how would you feel if you had the gift of life like organ donors?

6. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I always think it is really admirable when people give kidney's to total strangers. I can not imagine putting myself through something like that for people I don't even know. I would donate a kidney though to a family member or a close friend. Someone I had no knowledge of though, I would not give them my kidney. I mean I might need it some day! My dad had kidney cancer two years ago...and I bet he was glad he had a spare kidney!