A Loud Noise At Night

Discussion in 'Dreams & Interpretations' started by Ken Anderson, Jan 10, 2018 at 2:54 PM.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

I went to bed last night before my wife did, at sometime after 1:00 am. I woke up thinking that I had heard a loud noise from downstairs. I got up to make sure she was all right, but as I left the bedroom, on my way to the stairs, I encountered a very large piece of machinery that would never have fit there.

I realized then that I was still in bed, and that I had been dreaming. I was awake then, or believed that I was awake. I could see the window in front of me, and feel Ella, our cat, still lying between my legs where she likes to sleep, keeping me from turning over.

I couldn't hear anything from downstairs, and my wife still wasn't in bed. Remembering the noise, I got up to make sure she was okay. When I walked out of our bedroom, I found myself in the library of the high school that I had graduated from nearly fifty years ago.

That woke me up, as I realized that it was just a dream. Again, I was still in bed, and there were the window and Ella. Determined to check on my wife, I got up but, as I approached the door to the bedroom, I found that I couldn't move my feet.

Then I realized that I couldn't walk because I was still lying in bed, and that I had been dreaming. Listening carefully, I could hear Michelle's radio or television downstairs. But I thought I could also hear her talking to someone. That was odd because, by then, it was at least 3:00 in the morning.

I got up to find that I was in some building that I didn't even recognize, and I seemed to be in a basement, as the stairs led up.

Of course, I was still sleeping. This went on for at least ten cycles, although most of them are a blur to me now. Each time, I thought that I was awake, but each time I was still lying in bed sleeping, and Ella wasn't even disturbed by any of it.

I did wake up when Michelle finally came to bed because I told her about my dreams. There had been no noise, she said; nor had she been talking to anyone. Thank God, because I certainly wasn't going to be of any help.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

WoW...are you on any kind of medication currently Ken? ..

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Hate those type of dreams where you think you're not sleeping. Only get them on occasion though.

Yours was quite long @Ken Anderson. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

I have some weird dreams sometimes. I know they are weird while I'm dreaming them but when I wake up, I can't remember what they were about. Weird, huh?

Holly Saunders and Chrissy Cross like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes I've had those dreams quite often and they scare me more when I wake up because of the ''what if'' factor...but I've certainly never had so many in the space of one night...

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Registered

These kind of dreams are confusing. Awake or dreaming, I was confused by them.

7. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

All that repitition, all that thinking you're awake, weird.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  8. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Well-Known Member
    Registered

That was one weird ongoing dream!

9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Sounds like you were doing a little time traveling in your dreams @Ken Anderson. :)

10. Ken Anderson

Registered

I don't know what they're about, if anything. I have had similar dreams before, where I thought I was awake but actually just dreamed that I had woke up and got up, but I have never had so many of them in a row before.

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

Sometimes I have "full length" movies or "books" in my dreams. And when I wake up I think I should have recorded that dream so I could write a book on it. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.