A Relationship In General

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Michael Santi, Jun 16, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We eat taters...potatoes in Texas not grits :)

Michael Santi and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

After I became a widow, it wasn't hard to meet guys...I had a lot of men after me. I also met a few online and had some fun dates.

Then I met someone who moved from Ohio to CA to be with me, that lasted a few years but I didn't love him so I wasn't very happy. He moved back to Ohio and then a year later he moved back out to me again ...stupid me agreed to it. After a year he moved for good. I still talk to him on the phone but I keep it friendly..sometimes he likes to steer the conversation to more intimate things but then I say I have to go.

It would be nice to have someone to go places with but I'm not looking for a husband or live in BF.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Michael Santi .... Sorry had forgotten you did leave...and yes a month gone is not long enough to recoup from that ecperience. You sound very depressed and that does not help you. You do sound like many a lonely hearts out there, young and older. Now that your free of that life please find things to do that involove other people. Stop looking for a mate or companion just Live...sounds like your up to that. Give yourself sometime to regroup and be open to possibilities and broaden the boundaries of what your searching for. Just suggestions of course:p

4. Michael Santi

Michael Santi Veteran Member
    Registered

Well it was in Irving I was introduced to my first Waffle House, and they made the best grits I ever had ! .... Oh man I soooo loved Dallas ...

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Michael, I think you're just like me, not depressed just a little sad and you keep your spirit alive by that
    lovely humour of yours.
    I know you will meet someone when you least expect it, so consider volunteering, its a great way to get
    good perspective and also meet 'genuine' people :)

6. Michael Santi

Registered

Women are so lucky in the area of dating ... many deny it or act puzzled when I say that but most every man knows in a bet or a race to see who can leave the house at noon and come back with a partner by 1pm ... it will be the woman every time .... and the comparison is only about the ease for women to do it, not the morality issue.

Chrissy Cross and Patsy Faye like this.
  7. Michael Santi

Registered

I so hope you are right Patsy .... I'm Italian, a Gemini, and the only brother of 4 sisters .... I'm so in touch with both of my 'sides' I once had to explain to a woman what air brushed cosmetics were , lol ... I'm so sensitive I walked out on 2005's King Kong movie because when I saw that the CG was so perfectly real I knew I couldn't watch that poor animal die .... I'm lonely, in pain, and a general mess ....

8. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes that's true but usually because the guy is expecting sex. Except for my ex nobody got lucky with me and they even actually still dated me. :)

It was too soon after my husband died and I just wasn't ready....one of those great guys died after I took my ex back. He was only 57 and it great shape. Had he not died he was one I might have lived with but it's too late now.

This was in reply to your post to me....we were typing at the same time.

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw your post on that and we are of the same mind. Animals are so precious
    You won't be lonely for long but you do have to make an effort too
    Please get out and see what use you can be to others, maybe an animal shelter would be a start
    Do you have a pet ?

10. Michael Santi

Registered

11. Michael Santi

Registered

Yes I knew that Chrissy and understood you were answering ... you sound like a good and sensitive woman ... even your Avatar makes my heart ache .... or it could easily have been those 4 sourdough biscuits I just ate like a pig ....

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ha ha...thanks.....maybe it's the biscuits then. :)

13. Michael Santi

Registered

I have a little black and white kitten that hopes with all of her heart that I never find a partner because she knows how spoiled rotten she is as it is now ....

Ina I. Wonder and Patsy Faye like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Your post just reminded me that if I ever go to a dating site, I'll have to put no kitties in what I would like in a mate.

My dachshund would kill your kitty...he hates cats. :)

15. Michael Santi

Registered

Nutz to that ... MY cat was personally trained by me in martial arts !!! ;0

'katsaako' ... the art of the flying paws .... :)