A Shopping Spree

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Bill Boggs, May 11, 2018.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I went shopping yesterday. Shopped to my heart's content. Bought some tee shirts in a smaller size, 2 pants in a smaller size,a couple of pull over shirts and a pair of Orange colored shorts. Went again this morning; bought two more pants and shirts. I have fun shopping and I got a wild hair. I bought a pair of jeans, Tommy jeans and there are too large although marked my size. Not much to big. Ican hitch them up with a belt and they don't look bad or I can wear them with suspenders which I often wear. The legs are a little big so I was thinking I'd have my taylor come off my hips and taper them down to the ankle like a pair of tapered levis. What do you think? Also bought a pair of Gap pants and two pairs of Levis; a 511 slim and a 513 slim. When I kick the bucket I'm going to have some good looking clothes to donate.

2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Yeah go for it with the tapering why not? what's a wild hair?>... :eek::D

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Anything outside the ordinary. A hair that won't stay in place where it should go. An idea that goes against thr grain, something rediculous. Someone who throws caution to the wind.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Bill Boggs getting a wild hair.....
    3CF1F36D-0CC5-4152-A356-9EEAA2520FF0.jpeg

5. Holly Saunders

Registered

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

The truth about Aldi's cheap prices...

in that video it says Aldi charges a quarter for trolleys... here in the Uk almost all of our Supermarkets charge for the use of a trolley (returnable)...but it's a £1 coin.. (over a dollar)... so most of us use a £1 token...

7. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We might still have coins for something larger than a quarter; but you rarely see a 50 cent coin anymore, and silver dollars have been gone for years and years. So, the choice is probably not so much the amount of deposit you have to give to use the shopping cart (also known here as a “buggy”), it is probably the feasibility of using a coin that everyone would readily have available.
    Usually, ingoing and outgoing shoppers exchange carts and quarters, and then we do not have to take the cart back to the store and put it in the cart line to get our quarter back.
    The system actually works fine, and since we save money by the lower prices, I am perfectly happy with paying the quarter and bringing my own bags.
    The thrift store next door always has the reusable bags, so I get them on seniors day, when it is 30% off, and now I have a good supply of the reusable bags to take along when I go shopping.

8. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

I been doing several Ebay shopping sprees since late July, and bought more clothes since then, than I have for like twenty years. My usual modus operandi was to buy a couple shirts and pants, and that's all til I wore them out. Lately, I've bought 5 pants, 6 rayon Hawaiian shirts and 8 silk Hawaiian shirts. No idea why the sudden fixation with clothes. All were bargains (sum total of $110), so I don't feel too bad, but it's still a mystery.

I don't wear jeans anymore. Got rid of everything with heavy coarse cloth in my mid-forties. No longer comfortable. I now only wear loose fit, lite and airy clothes. Viscose rayon, silk, cotton gauze or cotton sateen, or velvet in the winter.

9. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Where I came from, the term "wild hair" had a nearly obscene connotation, implying that it might be an "ingrown hair", very painful, as occasionally encountered about the rectum. :oops:
    Frank