A Short New Adventure

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bill Boggs, Jan 3, 2016.

1. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

I had a first the other day. I got a pedicure. For some years now when we’d get together with our grandson who lives in Austin, he’d treat all the gals in the family to a pedicure, and he always got one. Then My grandson would always asked to come along and get a pedicure with the rest of the family. I’d never go.
    But it is with great difficulty that I trim my toe nails. I usually wind up cutting my toe and bleeding for some time or hurting myself in other ways. It has gotten so that it is almost impossible to do this my self and so I agreed to go.

While there is a feel good factor to a pedicure I wouldn’t spend the money merely for the pleasure of someone washing or messaging my feet. Nor would I allow someone to treat me to such an event and be out that expense on an old man. That is really out of the question or has been. But factor in the toe nail problem and a pedicure may be a bargain. I relented and got a pedicure at age eighty-two.

Our grandson called and made an appointment. There were nine of us. We spent the afternoon doing lunch and having a pedicure and talking and laughing and joking with each other, having fun. I suppose family adventures come in all sizes and shapes and this was certainly a change of pace, proving I suppose, we never get too old to experience something new.

The man with the best job in the country is the Vice President. All he has to do is get up in the morning and say, "How's the President?" Will Rogers.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2016
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I always get a pedicure when visiting my daughter and I enjoy our time together plus the pedi... In Fresno, my toes are seen more months than not so that is one thing I do keep up.

Besides my toes don't age as fast as the rest of me and it makes me happy yo look at my pretty feet and toes after a pedi...I'm young again!! :)

Men also get pedis....my son and son in law do on occasion.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I just saw the title of this sub forum.....am I supposed to guess if this is a true story or a tall tale?

I say it's ....TRUE! :)

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  4. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My back won't let me cut my own toe nails these days, so I go to a local podiatrist. My insurance covers it, and he and I both share a love of fishing and hunting, so we have a good chat while he works.:)

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    Krissttina Isobe and Bill Boggs like this.
  5. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, you got a nice pedicure and an afternoon out having fun. What's not to like? :D

Ike gets a chance to have his nails trimmed and tell li~~~~< I mean , stories about hunting and fishing. :D

6. Bill Boggs

Registered

I don't know. I suppose it's something men in my generation didn't do. Sometime something may be difficult if you've live your entire life never considered doing this. If my wife wanted a pedicure I wouldn't even think about it but to spend money on me for such an extraneous for myself or allow someone else to spend-would never occur to me.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:Well if a nail clipping is getting too difficult it's not good to cut yourself while just cutting toe nails, so I'd like to introduce to you Amopee.
    [​IMG] It looks so easy to do without hurting yourself.

image from http://www.amope.com/home/foot-care/whats-new/

Seems the family had so much fun and that's good!

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Glad to hear that your Grandson is keeping you on your toes!;)

Magalina Lilis and Ike Willis like this.
  9. Bill Boggs

Registered

It's not so much the cutting device, Krissttina as it is the bending over cuts off my breathing and I have little feeling in toes and I don't feel the pain when I cut them, I don't know it until I've bled all over everything, then I've got a mess to clean up.

Ike Willis likes this.