A Short Video Clip Of My Trip Down The River Yesterday

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Holly Saunders, Apr 12, 2019.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

For anyone whose interested, and who didn't get to see it on the Good Morning thread...

yesterday was a lovely sunny day just a little chill in the air...
    Took a motorboat out for an hour or 2, much easier and faster than taking the Narrowboat out...

...and it was so quiet on the river, we got the calm before storm because the children break up from school today for 2 weeks for Easter Hols so the river and surrounds will be very busy...although I think according to the forecast we chose the better day weather wise of the next week

Hubs steered while I took the footage
    I took a 6 minute long video.. haven't added anything to it no music just the peace and calm raw footage , the voices you can hear in the distance are the few people walking along the topwath , .....so you can come retrospective boating with me...

Sorry about the beginning, I didn't somersault, lol...just turned the phone around..I should have cropped that out...

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Great video, Holly. Looks like a beautiful, peaceful and relaxing day. That green boat near the end is interesting. Looks like a railroad car.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2019
    Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Thanks for sharing, Holly. Looks very peaceful. I live on a river, too. Since the weather has warmed the speedboats and jetskis have already begun racing up and down, mostly on the weekends. So it's not nearly as quiet here as your area seems to be.

4. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thanks folks.. Nancy the green boat is a narrowboat otherwise known as a Canal boat (houseboat) ..a small one, we have a larger one which I think I've posted pictures of before.:D

Beth, fortunately on the river Lea and all canal waterways , unlike the lakes here, nothing is permitted to travel faster than 4mph, so no jet ski's, no power boats etc..just meandering canoes, small motor boats, and the aforesaid Narrowboats. The larger and faster yachts moored up in the video next to the homes.. can only travel at a max of 4 MPH, until they eventually reach the open waterways like the Thames and then they can speed up... :)

5. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I was just going through the topics to see what I've missed. Nice video.

6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Thanks Von... it's only 6 minutes of a couple hours boating, but it was just to give you all a little idea of part of the river.. :D