A Young Boy's Search For God

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Charles Louis, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Charles Louis

Charles Louis Well-Known Member
    Registered

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

A suggestion:
    It might help your thread if you offered a small synopsis or “trailer” of the video in order to develop more interest.

A title and a link or video just doesn’t seem to generate a lot of traffic here.

3. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

@Charles Louis, I get that you are involved in a lot of online projects and you'd like to attract an audience to them. I have no problem with forum members letting other forum members know about what they're doing and inviting them to check it out. I did subscribe to your YouTube channel and have listened to the first four podcasts.

However, I define members as those who have become a part of this forum beyond registering for an account. That means engaging in forum discussions with other members beyond posting promotional links to off-site blogs, poetry, and YouTube channels.

Think of it this way. If a stranger walks up to me or calls me on the phone trying to sell me something, I will probably not be interested, and I'll likely be annoyed by the intrusion. However, when someone I know brings something up in the course of a conversation, I'll probably listen. I might still opt not to buy whatever they're selling, but I'd be interested in what a friend or acquaintance has to offer.

Most, if not all, of what you have provided links to are indeed relevant to seniors, but I turn down people or companies wanting to advertise to seniors here, and some of them even offer to pay me.

Instead, when I started this forum nearly nine years ago, I chose for it to be ad-free, and I like it that way.

If you were to take the time to get to know us and to allow us to get to know you, I'm sure there are people here who might be interested in some of what you're doing. Otherwise, your links look an awful lot like free advertising and spam.

I have allowed some of it, hoping you'd take an interest in the other members of this forum and, hence, in the forum itself, but if you're only interested in posting billboards all around the virtual town that we have created here, they are likely to be viewed as an intrusion.

Even if I were to continue to allow it, I think you'll find that very few people will click on links from people they don't feel like they have any relationship with, virtual or otherwise.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2023
    Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.