Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

If people don't have a "sense of humor"...…...that definitely isn't my fault!

We live in northern Colorado now. Had 3 1/2 inches on the 10th of this month and expect snow this coming Sunday.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, none of you folks live here, so, other than what I've been telling you, you really don't know what's happening here. It could definitely shock all of you at how both the old/older generation, that has lived here for years upon years, conflict with the young generation. The old/older generation here simply don't like what they've seen their city come to. I can understand that.

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bulletin: That exact same thing can be said for ANY city; many old fogies just don't like change. Period.

4. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Show me where I said ANYONE HERE is an old fogie. :rolleyes: But if the shoe fits, then wear it. You probably didn't hear about it in Jacksonville because you had already alienated everyone you come in contact with. You are the most negative person on the forum.

Mary Robi and Ruby Begonia like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Oh, is it time for another dramatic exit? All that work removing your avatar and all. :rolleyes:

And don't leave on my account; I'm just an old fogie. :D

Mary Robi and Ruby Begonia like this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

No, Beth. You're really fine. It's just that sometimes some people really can get to me on this forum. I get teased about the "cowboy" thing and other things. They seem to be always "right" and I'm mostly always "wrong". After a while, that gets old, just like our complaining about where we lived and where we live now. However, I can truly see why the Seniors here complain. Most are "old fashion" living in a now "new fashion" city. They just don't like it. It really comes out when talking to them.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I just deleted a few of my replies...…...they were just weren't necessary, and, I'm more of a gentlemen than the replies are.

8. Beth Gallagher

Registered

When you remove your posts, then the responses to you don't make sense. I should have quoted you each time.

9. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thomas Wolfe can be quoted as writing, “You Can’t Go Home again”.
    No matter where you call home Cody, it’s not going to be the same place as you once left it.
    I claim New Orleans to be my home but in truth, it’s only a place in my memories because it just isn’t the same as it was.

Nothing EVER remains the same. No place, no person, no thing.......nothing.
    That place on the pond where you might have kissed your sweetheart, is a parking lot next to the golf course. That place where you used to go to have a cup of coffee and the guy behind the counter was named pops. He’s dead and the place has been torn down and a high rise has taken it’s place.

The bottom line is that complaining about something not being the same is only a person’s wish to want what used to be but will be no more.
    You can either accept what is and go on with your life or be left behind whilst living in a memory.
    To me, it’s nice to be able to remember and even memorialize the nice things of the past, but what is much better is to create new and better memories.
    We all have the ability to complain but it’s the person who goes beyond that and creates something to be praised who is fondly remembered.

10. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Lolol..
    Yes ..just not constantly...everyday;)

11. Teresa Levitt

Teresa Levitt Veteran Member
    Registered

that's easy......what I don't like...I just don't subject myself to it.....I can even "tune it out"

12. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Are you looking forward to the snow ?

13. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh we just wish you could talk sometimes about something else.. that's all..LOL.. not star-wars and cowboys and hateful Loveland... but you could go visiting other areas of Colorado now that you know you'll only be there for another 6 months, and know that it will be probably your last opportunity to see the wonderful views and scenery , make the most of visiting somewhere really enjoyable , and take photos or videos... and tell us all about it !!

..and yes just for the record, I agree it's must very tiresome for you to be always wrong...

..oops I mean always for you to be always considered wrong..;) :D:D...and anyway we always miss you when you leave, ( or we would if you were gone for more than a a minute) so you have to stay!!

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, what Holly wrote and you might wish to take the boat out for a little spin........
    EA689BA8-BC72-48C3-8178-571C55046F5C.jpeg

Just playing with you guy. I’m sure there are a lot of things to do that you might be able to treasure in the future!

15. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh Since you are familiar with where I live, I had to move from 5 pristine acres on the St Johns River in Green Cove Springs to the west side of Jacksonville. The place was too much for me to take care of and we didn't have tons of savings either. I mumbled and grumbled and even cried about it for 3 months. Then one day, I decided I can't change the circumstances, but I can change the way I see them. Not because I'm brilliant, but because I'm too old to wake up aggravated and disappointed every single day.

So, I understand exactly how you feel and I think lots of times you just need to get it off your chest. But in the midst of that, go to God and find a happy spot in your heart. If you don't, you'll just go thru your golden years miserable.