Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Cody, what are you going to do when you get to heaven and find out that they let tattooed people in? And, OMG! people with piercings! :eek::D

2. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

magicunicorn on.jpeg

3. Micki Pembroke

Registered

4. Micki Pembroke

Registered

@Gloria Mitchell Gloria, my post was not to disagree with Jesus being non judgemental, i meant it to agree with Jesus. Just hoped it wasn't taken the wrong way. Thank you.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Being judgmental is just part of life. Folks that like to look odd or do weird things, totally love people who are not judgmental.

If more young folks could be judgmental, they wouldn't get involved with the wrong crowd...….as in drugs, gangs, language, etc. In being judgmental, a person can pick the right people to associate with.

Everyone on this forum knows that wife and I are NOT open minded, just like most Seniors here aren't. There are plenty of Christians, Pastors and Ministers that aren't open minded and preach just that.

There are those in small towns that will say "keep that crap in the big city, we don't want it here".

Patsy Faye likes this.
  6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Putting up with things that you don't like is called tolerance. Tolerance can be a good thing but it's not always a good thing, as some would have you believe. I believe there are some things that need not be tolerated, as well as things that should not be tolerated. In the absence of a standard, these things will differ from one person to another.

Bess Barber and Holly Saunders like this.
  7. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

You can’t judge people by appearance alone @Cody Fousnaugh.

I personally would never get a tattoo..I just don’t care for them but I don’t care if others have them.

My therapist who is a professional has them on her arm and she doesn’t even wear long sleeves.

I don’t know what the tattoos are because I didn’t look that long...just saw that she had one very long one.

Doesn’t seem to have held her back in her career.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

No problem for me

9. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't care for the appearance of a two toned, mohaked on oneside of the head, with several different metal objects hanging from their face- and tattoos beyond a comic book....coupled with a um is it a He or a She ? I don't consider that being judgemental on my part. It becomes judging if I treat that person different from the person who look like they are bank executive. :)

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yes, look at all the nice clean cut quiet people who have done horrible things.

Everyone seemed to trust Ted Bundy and all those pedophile priests....

Looks are deceiving....

11. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

of course they are, ''never judge a book by it's cover'' as the old adage goes.. although I've certainly been guilty of it myself

Micki Pembroke and Chrissy Cross like this.
  12. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

At one time I had a real bad opinion of the “Hell’s Angels”. Anyone belonging to that bike club has GOT to be a murderous, lying, thieving, drug taking, drunken malcontent who needs to be shoved off the edge of the earth.

That is, until I lived in Lantana, Florida right across the street from the National Enquirer building.
    The National Enquirer building sits on a huge piece of land and each year, the rag mag allows the Hell”s Angels to build Santa’s Village on the property. They bring in the Largest Christmas tree I have ever seen by rail and then transport the pieces to the property, where the members of the bike group install the tree, put the branches on and decorate it to the max.
    The entire village is totally financed and created by the bike members and when it is finished, families with their kids flood the place for a couple of weeks before Christmas....at no cost.

It’s a given that I really didn’t care for the inconsiderate people who parked in front of my driveway, but overall, the bikers who I had so harshly prejudged did a good thing that the visitors would remember for a lifetime.

Now, I’m not saying that the Hell’s Angels are a goody two shoes organization but the one act of building Santa’s Village changed my perspective about the club immeasurably and also served as a head’s up concerning my own views about things in general.

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I’m guilty of judging also...who isn’t to some degree?
    But...I’m finding that sometimes I’ve misjudged someone for stupid reasons.

At least give them a chance...see what they are really like under the tattoos etc...ya never know.

14. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Will have to think about that, Shirley. But, very, very good question.

15. Micki Pembroke

Registered

Over the years i have come to learn of the great number of charity work and fundraising matters and kindness that the " Hell's Angels " have portrayed. I know there's always a few bad ones in any bunch that don't display the " Angel " part, i do have high respect for those who portray their names sake.