Accepting Things That You Don't Like

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Cody, we are now spending a few days in Glendale Utah. Pulled into an RV park,sign on the door said, pick a site,we will settle up later. Several hours later a guy,rode up on a horse. Cowboy hat boots well worn saddle jeans,the whole shebang. A real rancher,not a wanna be rodeo star. I did ot look at his ass to see what brand his jeans were.
    We went over to the office for the paperwork and payment,he took off his Carhartt jacket. One forearm had an "Eagle Globe and Anchor" the other had a Devil Dog with the words "Dogs of Hue".
    Here was an actual veteran a bona fide hero and a third generation bona fide "Cowboy".
    Would you disrespect him for his tattoos of honor?

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

"Wanna be rodeo star"?? Can tell you literally know nothing about professional rodeo! There are a number of rodeo contestants that are real cowboys/ranchers today. One being Trevor Brazil and one that is retired now, Rope Myers. Don't even dare tell them they are "wannabe's"!! Nope, definitely wouldn't do that.

Anyway, I'm taking a break from this forum. IOW, have had enough of the B.S. I've been taking.

Patsy Faye and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

hallelujah!

Mary Robi likes this.
  4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'll see you when you come back, and I truly am hoping you do come back. You are a valued member of this forum, @Cody Fousnaugh.

Micki Pembroke and Bess Barber like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, I'm just shocked. Who could have seen this coming? :rolleyes: (See you soon, Cody!!) :p

Mary Robi likes this.
  6. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Happy Trails...…...

7. Micki Pembroke

Micki Pembroke Veteran Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh Hope it's not too long a break, who will i have snowball fights with. Hopefully see you when you return.

8. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Right this minute - I dislike almost everything and have no intentions of accepting most.
    I dislike that now:
    1. Every physical oddity that comes up can only be Virus related
    2. I dislike where, and how the this up coming election is going to be.
    3. I dislike that people are more interested in the past and flaws of history rather than trying to understand the times of those eras.
    4. I dislike being bombarded from every corner of life, with ads showing, telling, me what could take me down if I don't buy or use such n such
    5. I dislike that you can Trust no one anymore.
    6. I dislike robots taking over so many things in our lives
    7. I dislike that your can't take a Dump without Google knowing..unless you turn off the phone and cover it up...maybe
    8.I dislike the fact that as a Nation who In God We Trust has always substained and enabled us has become dirty words.
    9.I dislike taking a simple request of people in order to save and protect lives has split people up, caused harm, and a multitude of embrassing and un necessary issues.
    10. I am disliking my country and that is sad. Ashamed of our behavior, responses as a country that use feel like it had such promise.
    There are more, but this will do for now.
    Bottom line- for us older ones , soon it will not matter- we will be gone.
    But God have mercy on the poor ignorant souls that are left.

9. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Agree with most of them and I will add ………
    celebs taking selfies of themselves and plastering them all over the media - sick of these idiotic people that
    think they are God's gift :rolleyes:

10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Most of this can be fixed by throwing away your television. We are not only bombarded with ads, as you pointed out, we are also bombarded with misery, and hate news.
    Most of that is faked anyway, and is actually propaganda, and not news; so why watch it at all .....

11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I know..and try not pay much attention.This post was generalization of my thoughts after a brief encounter of tv this morning.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We love tv! Have our special programs we watch, like AGT and our Old Western TV channel (Gunsmoke, The Virginian, Bonanza, etc.) and do keep up with what's happening thru CNN and local news. As my wife says, "unlike some folks, we don't want to keep our heads in the sand".

We know that America is in a mess, but that is just the way it is. Numerous things have changed since all of us were young. Some things we like, other things we don't, and sometimes, really don't. But.........

Hedi Mitchell and Nancy Hart like this.
  13. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

CNN??? Really

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Its no worse than any of the others I can see.:rolleyes:

15. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes Al CNN is not fake news. Admittedly left leaning, but only a fool would discount its reporting.
    Sure makes OAN, NewsMax, looks pretty bad in comparison. At least they are not on record as claiming to be an entertainment entity like Fox News did in court when called out for manipulation.

Now Fox and CNN has mostly editorial content. but their hard news is usually pretty good. Problem is that internet pundits don't seem to be able to differentiate