After Life - Has Your Belief Changed With Age?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Faye Fox, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Enjoyable and enlightening thread. I suspect that I am the most deeply troubled Member, but hesitate to start a thread thereon. Appreciate all the words here.
    Frank

Bess Barber and Faye Fox like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

@Frank Sanoica Please don't be troubled and try to resolve issues that may trouble you. Don't hesitate to post and no worries, I am working on converting my BROOM to a forum friendly mode of internet travel.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We definitely have a variety of spiritual beliefs being revealed in this thread, and as a Christian, I feel compelled to counter some of the views here. Let me offer two points.

First, I reference an interesting 45 min video on near death experiences from a best selling author who's studied the subject extensively. You might call this secular evidence for a soul. It should be quite interesting to those who believe in a soul and disconcerting to those who do not.

Second, if we have an eternal soul, it probably comes from a supernatural creator - something beyond the material universe we live in (which would exclude aliens from another planet). And if we have a creator, it's only prudent for us to learn what accountability we have, since the destiny of our souls may depend on it. Is there anything in this life that could be more important than our potential souls? After all, where we spend eternity far outweighs any concerns one should have for a mere 100 years or less here in this world.

I'd suggest that the right path for such an important decision should not be left up to mere feelings, false spiritual leaders, or other famous people writing philosophical books, not when there's one source that rises above them all as truth - the Christian's Holy Bible. Of course the Bible's divine inspiration is refuted by non-believers, so why should it be accepted as sole truth over all other religious scriptures or man's writings? There are actually several reasons, but the most unique and significant is that the Bible contains specific, fulfilled prophesy. It details historical places, people, and events long before they existed or occurred - something that could only be directed by a supernatural being outside of time and space. Don't believe it? I have good video references to offer anyone wanting to know this truth. It's part of what distinguishes Christianity from all other religions and spiritual paths, proving itself as the word of God, our Creator, and not just man's ideas.

Once one understands the Bible as the word of God, the question of a soul and an afterlife is clear. And whether you believe it or not does not afford one an escape from this inevitability. You can count on meeting your maker (Jesus) upon death, and the destiny of your eternal soul depends on whether you chose to embrace him or reject him during this temporary earthly life. You might want to choose wisely.

Bobby Cole and Al Amoling like this.
  4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My belief in there being a real Heaven and a Hell has stayed the same throughout my lifetime.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

No, my belief has not changed. As an agnostic I am always searching for my own truth, but I believe that when we die there is nothing else. We simply cease to exist, exactly as it was before we were born. I simply can't imagine a heaven or hell, or living "forever." So to me it's "here today; gone tomorrow." :D

Bill Boggs and Nancy Hart like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

And yet there are so many people on earth trying to do just that Beth. :)

Bess Barber likes this.
  7. Beth Gallagher

Registered

But those "many people" are not me, Babs. :)

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  8. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Me too.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

No it isn't. :) I just find it amazing how many people are trying to live forever on this earth...yet don't believe that life can be forever. And a much better life than is on this earth too.

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I had no life or knowledge before my conception and will have no life or knowledge after my death. Enjoy this life as best you can.

Beth Gallagher and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Frank Sanoica

Registered

With what little exposure I have had to the Bible and Scriptures and such, but great exposure to a variety of religiously-driven people. many thoughts and questions have formed in my mind over the years. One is the creation of humanity. Adam and Eve were presumably a man and woman, of race type unknown. If they were the originals, how do we wind up with Orientals, Caucasians, Negroes, Indians, and so on?
    Frank

12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Evolution, genetic mutation, etc. (More of that pesky science. :D)

13. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Beth Gallagher
    Is science a Biblical topic?
    Frank

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Not that I know of.

15. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I like the idea but don't believe it. I believe I will just be a memory in the minds of those that survive me.

Sheldon Scott likes this.