Air Power

Discussion in 'Hobbies & Crafts' started by Ike Willis, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Weapons powered by air always fascinated me. The idea that a puff of air could propel a projectile fast enough to kill small game, or even big game intrigued me. So much so that I collected, hunted game with and competed with air guns of all sorts.
    Having read an article on blow guns, I knew I wouldn't rest until I tried out that sport. So, checking out several sights on the 'net, I found there were three main calibers. They were .40, .50 and the most useful, a .62. I now own all three calibers and a huge assortment of darts.
    My lungs must be in good shape yet, because I can "fire" a dart 20-30 feet, penetrate a beer can and still stick the dart into the backstop deep enough to be hard to pull out. I don't have enough range available in my apartment for a real test. And, my accuracy isn't so good.
    I never got to hunt with one, but have no doubt that I could take small game, should I ever hit something.
    311bEJQEB1L._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg 21W-6LUtTaL._AC_UL160_SR160,160_.jpg

Terry Page and Mari North like this.
  2. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

.....just don't inhale, Ike!;)
    [​IMG]

3. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

th.jpe

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Note to self... don't get on @Ike Willis 's bad side. In fact, don't even try to discover if he HAS a bad side! :)

@Joe Riley , that response was brilliant... don't inhale!!! hehe Perfect! :D

Ike Willis likes this.
  5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I went to youtube.com to find:

Air can do a lot of damage these days too!

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

When one of my brothers borrowed an air gun from his friend, there was pandemonium. All the boys were scrambling to try the bb gun. There was a tin can as the target and the boys alternated in shooting it. And the spent bullet can be reused. It was a lot of fun. I was amused no end because I would see them pumping the gun itself in order to put air inside that would propel the bullet out of the cylinder. It was a simple gun, not a toy anymore but I deem appropriate for the boys. But there are no more bb guns now, not even pellet guns.

Ike Willis likes this.