Air Purifier?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Sep 5, 2024.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Anyone here have/use an Air Purifier? Wife and I think, but not sure, if our somewhat daily coughing, is due to the air in our apartment. We have two Humidifiers, but they only put moisture in the air, not purify it. During the entire summer, due to so much high heat here, we've had our AC on every day.

Can't open our patio sliding door, for some outside air, very long after we get up in the morning, due to building heat. Later in the AM and all thru the rest of the day, our apartment has to be shut up due to the high heat.

Just wondering if an Air Purifier would help my wife's asthma, which isn't real bad, but sometimes bad enough and our coughing?

Found one on Amazon for $159. It's a PuroAir brand.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Do you have access to the filters for your apartment's HVAC system? If you do, change them.

I don't know much about living in an arid environment. I guess one upside is that the issue is not likely to be mold or mildew.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  3. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Fresh air might help your cough. Maybe spend more time outdoors during the cooler parts of the day like early morning or evening.

Yvonne Smith and John Brunner like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We did at our last apartment, have access, but not at the one we are at now. Will have to ask the office the last time the filter was changed in our apartment.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Can tell you don't live in southern Nevada!

At 6:30AM, it can be 85 to 90 degrees right now. Last night at 8PM, it was still 100 outside. After my wife gets off of work at 4PM, and we decide to go out and get some dinner, it can still be 105. So, we make a quick walking trip to our vehicle and get the AC on. Quick trip into a restaurant, eat, then a quick walk back to our vehicle and get the AC on again. Once home, quick walking trip to our apartment and get the AC on in it.

And, on top of that, very little-to-nothing to do outside here. The swimming pool is as cold as ice, even with the heat we get, so can't go swimming.

Ed Wilson likes this.
  6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Found out that we do have access to the AC Filter in our apartment. I sent a message to Maintenance about changing the filter and they did about an hour ago. The old filter was really dirty. Hopefully, the new filter will help. We think we will go ahead and buy the Air Purifier that we have "Saved" in our Amazon Account. It sure won't hurt to have one. In fact, we are also going to have local Dodge Dealer Service Dept. check/change the Cabin Filter in our Durango. Have to do what we can.

John Brunner likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - we did at one time.. be careful what you pick to use.