Aluminum Cans Have A Plastic Liner

Discussion in 'Science & Nature' started by Tony Nathanson, Jan 28, 2024.

1. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh goody. Another reason for environmentalists to clutch their pearls. So to speak.

Krystal Shay likes this.
  3. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that's a safety thing. The acid in the soda would leech some nasty stuff into the drink.

Don Alaska and Nancy Hart like this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

But then how do I explain my alzheimers if not from the aluminum in my diet soda?

Don Alaska and John Brunner like this.
  5. John Brunner

Goodwill cookware.

Some years ago I read an article on MS where researchers observed an accumulation of aluminum at the brain stems of patients. I forget why they said the aluminum was depositing out of the bloodstream at that particular spot (diet/physiology.) I don't know if that theory ever went anywhere.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  6. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Maybe that explains why I made coffee without the coffee this morning.

Seriously, aluminum was blamed for causing Alzheimer’s for awhile too years ago. If I remember correctly it was aluminum in deodorant then.

7. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Now that I think about it, I believe commercially canned vegetables have used those "lined" cans for a while now. Particularly tomato products. I'm not really sure what the lining is made of, though.

John Brunner likes this.
  8. Tony Nathanson

Registered

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_chlorohydrate

9. John Brunner

I thought there was some "BPA" or "BPH" plastic concern over it a while ago.
    This crap comes out of the chute with pure hysteria, and then it's gone.

10. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I've been so glad to be able to drink something bubly since finding I had T2 diabetes. I found LaCroix sparkling water, and it's flavors to be wonderful with a tiny bit of my stevia I put in each time I have one. Now you're telling me ALL aluminum cans have this?? Does anyone know if this is all companies using this?

I just googled it and yes, they have BPA as I starting material :(

I have enough problems with my brain, I'm not buying any more. Water it is for me, and I can only hope my water purifiers is working. I use a PUR filter on my tap. Before you recommend something else, PUR I can afford, nothing fancier. I called and talked to a guy at the Water plant, whatever it's called, and he was so nice and amazed that someone was actually interested, and the fact I'd read about the drinking water. Ours "sounds" very good but who can ever know without a degree and Microscope etc. :(

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

Public Water Sources (PWS¹s) must continuously monitor the quality of their water and report the data to the public and to the EPA. You should be able to go online and find historical reports for your municipal water source. Just because they report the findings does not mean that the findings are good news. I'm on a well, but the large town in my county has a water system that is habitually less than desirable.

My state works with the Virginia Polytechnic Institute's extension office in partially funding water tests for citizens. In this way, the state maintains its database of water quality for each region in each county. I've had my well water tested twice. I bet your state has something like that, too. I don't know what the labs would do (and how honest they would be) if people brought in samples from municipal systems...they could tell it's not well water by your address. The analysis tells you what (if anything) you should be filtering out.

¹Many bottled waters are nothing more that tap water (PWS)...those are usually filtered.

Crystal Geyser: Natural spring water
    Deer Park: Natural spring water
    Ozarka: Natural spring water
    Poland Spring: Natural spring water

Aquafina: Public water source (tap water)
    Dasani: Local water supply (tap water)
    Nestle: Either well or municipal water system (tap water)
    SmartWater: Municipal water system (tap water)

Source

Last edited: Jan 30, 2024
  12. Denise Evans

Registered

It was online, but I wanted to speak to someone out there, this was awhile ago when I first moved here. I like my water filter, don't buy bottle water any longer as this is easier for me. It's doesn't surprise me at all about bottled water just being out of anywhere. If I had to drink bottled I'd go for the spring water and hope for the best. I used to buy Crystal Geyser, and Dasani, can't remember others I may have tried, some just because they were on sale.

Thanks for all the info @John Brunner

John Brunner likes this.
  13. Tony Nathanson

Registered

I've been using the Zero filters & pitcher. They include a tester with the pitchers. The filters are around $15.00 but they seem to last a long time.

Denise Evans likes this.
  14. Denise Evans

Registered

Yes I get three of the pur and that's $30 and they're super easy to install on my tap so I'll stick with that I only do two 16 oz a day that's enough water for me I know a lot of people preach 8 oz a day but I mean eight of the 8 oz a day but I've read different and I find 16 oz is a good amount for me

Tony Nathanson and John Brunner like this.