Amazing Net Worth Of Actors - Like Robert Diniro - In The News

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Lon Tanner, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I knew that many were wealthy but had no idea until I Googled that so many were worth HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS. They sure have the $$$$ to support the candidate of their choice, and do.

Bess Barber likes this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Personally I think their money should be spent on better things. ;)

3. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I think just the fact that someone is a celebrity gives them a great deal of political swaying power, with or without throwing money at it. Unfortunately for those of us who are more conservative, celebrities usually tend to lean towards the more liberal side. I have found myself trying to avoid their political remarks because when I find the remark totally annoying, then I can no longer enjoy their acting or music. :D

Tom Galty likes this.
  4. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

To my way of thinking, any "celebrity," whether a professional athlete or an actor, should keep their political opinions to themselves. I have lost all interest in the NFL due to overpaid athletes behaving badly in the past couple of years. Same goes for actors/entertainers who think their political views have any place in awards shows or other drivel.

"The United States had become a place where entertainers and professional athletes were mistaken for people of importance. They were idolized and treated as leaders; their opinions were sought on everything and they took themselves just as seriously—after all, if an athlete is paid a million or more a year, he knows he is important ... so his opinions of foreign affairs and domestic policies must be important, too, even though he proves himself to be ignorant and subliterate every time he opens his mouth.”

~ Robert A. Heinlein

Tom Galty and Lon Tanner like this.