Amazon Can Now Unlock Your Door And Deliver

Discussion in 'Online Retailers' started by Babs Hunt, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I absolutely know for a fact that some delivery drivers steal the packages... A close friends' brother some years ago worked for UPS...and every week he'd have helped himself to a lot of high value items, like DVD players, televisions and Computer games form the back of his van before attempting any delivery... and he'd take them home like he the fagin he was, and show them off proudly as if he'd worked and earned them by his own efforts . As far as he was concerned it was a perk for him..and a few other driver mates of his who did the same... and the companies could ''afford'' to lose them, and just replace them to the customer as 'lost in the post''..

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

First, guess we haven't got a problem with stolen packages in our complex. Since we've lived here, there has never been a notice to residents about any stolen packages. We've seen different apartments with a UPS box sitting in front of the door. Some larger packages are delivered to our management office and put into a closet.

Now, as far as this new delivery thing, if a customer can actually monitor (on their iPhone) the actual delivery, I don't see anything wrong with that. Actually SEEING the driver open your door, put the package in your home and leave, guess that would work. As long as there is absolutely no "guesswork" in what the driver does inside the home (just putting the package inside and leaving).

At a most apartment complexes, the maintenance department and management, have the right to come into any apartment with a priory notice that they are going to. If it's an emergency, like a water leak coming into some ones apartment on the bottom floor from a apartment above them, and nobody is home in the upper apartment, maintenance and management have the right to automatically go into the apartment without prior notice. That is totally understandable. Maintenance has been in our apartment when we weren't home and that was ok with us, but 99% of the time, I'm home if maintenance comes.

One time we ordered something online and the package was delivered to the wrong apartment complex. We wondered why we hadn't received the package yet, but it was confirmed by UPS that the package was delivered. When I seen him, I stopped our UPS man and asked him about the package. I thought for a second and then recalled where the package came from and that he had delivered it down the street. He really apologized and we went down the street and sure enough, it was sitting in their package closet. The package had the correct address on it, so have no idea why this other complex accepted it or why it was delivered there.