Amazon Makes It So Easy

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Shirley Martin, Dec 30, 2019.

1. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was looking at Amazon and elsewhere for an electric blanket since my old one began smoldering. I didn't see any real bargains anywhere with or without free shipping. Amazon wanted to give me a month's Prime membership and ship a blanket no charge but I was leery of attached strings. This AM, 1-1-20, I drove to Walmart and found exactly what I wanted at a cheaper price. It felt good to get out and shop and mingle and browse. Good to get out and about this time of year. Online shopping can make you lazy and a homebody, but if you must, I guess you must.

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

That's why I like it. :D The less I deal with people, the better!!

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I agree it can make you lazy and it is nice to get out occasionally and see what else is out there other than what Amazon sells... but it's also a great boon for those who can't get out for whatever reason...and like Beth..I actually like it because people get right on my nerves these days , they seem to have rudeness down to a master of art.. and I just can't deal with it most of the time.

BTW you don't have to sign up for Prime, just got past the page, I know it's a pain getting that all the time, but just dismiss it..and carry on buying without prime if you wish..

4. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

That card gives you point when you make a purchase, Holly. When you accrue enough points, there are many purchases you can make just using those points and nothing more. It is very nice to have.

5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

There are a couple of different Amazon cards; one is a standard Visa that can be used anywhere that accepts Visa. Then there is an Amazon Store Card that is for use on Amazon only. I don't know what the interest charges are, but both pay 5% rewards on Amazon purchases. (I have the Visa and pay it off monthly so I don't care what the interest rate is. :D)

Last edited: Jan 1, 2020
  6. Holly Saunders

Registered

Gotcha, that makes much more sense....

7. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

I would say a smoldering blanket is definitely a sign of it being time for a new one! :)
    As for online shopping, some people love it, while others prefer a store experience. I DO have prime, paying monthly rather than annually. I use it for shopping as well as their great online streaming channel. Since I live close to a warehouse, many items I order come in one day, rather than two.

Lois Winters likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

we also pay monthly for Prime, and like you Bess, we live close to depots and warehouses in London so it's rare for us to wait more than a day for any goods.

I can order now at 11.15pm, and usually my item will be here by tomorrow afternoon.. I've even had things arrive the same day on occasion...

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Lois Winters

Registered

Since my son makes major computer purchases worth hundreds of dollars a clip, Amazon issued him an American Express Card with no interest rate at all. It gathers major points for him and even I use it to buy stuff which costs him nothing at all.

Yvonne Smith and Holly Saunders like this.
  10. Lois Winters

Registered

11. Holly Saunders

Registered

Lois Winters likes this.
  12. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

Amazon is the largest Retailer on the Planet!

Hal

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Have they overtaken Walmart?

14. Holly Saunders

Registered

Lois Winters likes this.
  15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Amazon is getting to be like Facebook as far as customer reviews go. They've removed a few of mine. On one purchase, the item was shipped from China and it took a month and a half to get to me, so I mentioned in my review that I was happy with the item (I gave it four stars) but that it was shipped on a slow boat from China, so don't expect to receive it in a hurry. Apparently, "slow boat from China" is now considered to be a thing that is not to be mentioned. I currently have another item that I ordered on November 2 that has not arrived, also shipped from China.

Joe Riley likes this.