An Afternoon Around Holly's Hood

Discussion in 'Photos & Video' started by Holly Saunders, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Holly Saunders[/USER]
    I'll take some pictures of here instead. You can awe over bits of people's car trash strewn around. The weeds growing around the cracked sidewalks. Of course, we also have a lovely bus stop. It's a metal pole with a sign and MORE garbage. Not even a bench. Certainly no books.
    Weed isn't legal here, as in Colorado, but we've got plenty of it up and down the streets in the pockets of boys with hoodies. :p

Holly Saunders likes this.
  2. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

:D can't wait to see it...

3. Holly Saunders

Registered

Why would I want to see inside a sportswear shop..we've got loads of them here... :eek:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Such great agriculture scenes. Love them all but...No. 4, No 8 & N0 9 are my favorites, if I had to pick a favorite or two. Way back when, when film was in vogue and I had several fine 35mm cameras, we used to have contests, my camera club and we dueled photographically with a club in Houston, TX. I was often a judge of both clubs in picking photos of the month and in our own local contests. I love good photos and you, Holly
    shoot some really good ones. These are greaat ones around the home place. I can no longer take them but I admire and am a little envious of people who do and who know what they are doing. Congrats on sharing both your photos and your talent.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Registered

Well thank you very much Bill...I'm humbled at your lovely comments.. and thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review.. :D

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

It's not just a sportswear shop! They have all kinds of hunting and fishing things. We love seeing wildlife mounts, like this one and BassPro. Anyway, you said you wanted to see some pictures of things around here. Well...……..

But, then again, we also have a lot of corn fields, stacks of baled hay, cattle grazing, soy bean fields, John Deere, International, and Massey Ferguson tractors and combines. All the things we missed when living in Jacksonville. To this day, we don't know why we stayed for 10 1/2 years! Big mistake!!

7. Holly Saunders

Registered

I wanted to see your neighbourhood..., the place you wanted to leave florida for .. I want to see this beautiful place you've been telling us about for years. all the cowboys, the rodeo, the ranches....not the inside of a store...

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ranches, cowboys and rodeo??? Even though Loveland does host a pro-rodeo each year, which coincides with the County Fair, no full-blown ranches and very few cowboys here. Quite a bit of farm land, however. If we want the Western type stuff, we drive 40 miles north to Cheyenne, Wyoming. We basically moved to Loveland for the lakes/boating/fishing. After our boating days are over, in a year or so, we will make our last move to perhaps Cheyenne, Wyoming, but in the mean time, Loveland will have to do.

However, there is Centennial Livestock Auction close by, which many cattle buyers (cowboys) do attend. We've been there before. When we went an seen The Lion King at a big local theater, there was a guy there wearing a cowboy hat and that.

And, btw, we've only been here for three weeks. Unpacking and getting other necessary things done is our priority for now.

Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, Holly, why does it seem, to me anyway, that you are on me about where we moved to? We visited Loveland last year, in July, and even though we not only found out, but were also told, that Loveland isn't Cheyenne, as far as "Western" stuff went, Loveland still has surrounding farm land and descent lakes. It isn't a place we'd live the rest of our life in, but we knew that when we moved here. We just feel better if we were to wear our Western clothes here than we ever would in Jacksonville.

Since we have to rent an apartment, we have to live in a "city" type environment.

10. Holly Saunders

Registered

I just thought as you've been talking about it very excitedly for the last couple of years, being sooo much better than Jacksonville, you'd be more than happy to show pictures...obviously not!! o_O