An Ultimate Paradox

Discussion in 'Tall Tales & Fabrications' started by Bobby Cole, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

An ultimate paradox or the epitome of procrastination is a never ending ordeal which plagues the very essence of a good philosopher.
    Miniscule studies involving the likes of Plato, Aristotle, Epictetus and even Nietzsche cannot prepare one for the devastating views of the one and only Zeno for which there is no one in which to compare him by.

One particular piece of philosophy deals with a mathematical paradox involving going half distances. Simply, if one were to travel in half distances, in theory that person would never reach his destiny.
    Thinking upon that and applying it to my own life becomes a paradox unto itself for indeed, I may never reach any goal including the final end of death itself, and even that is questionable if I get too involved in the thing.

If say, I wish to start a project but wish to do half today and half tomorrow. But, if I do that then I have to consider that tomorrow is half way between today and the day after tomorrow leaving the consequence of still going only half the distance between the 3 days.
    Now, in order to be considered a person of good character, surely I should do the whole job today. The fear of doing things in such a precarious manner left me with much mentation and with that thinking, I have run upon another rut in the road to a finished project.

At which time do I wish to do the job? If I start at 8 and do 4 hours and then have lunch I will have split the project anew and only completed half of what I need to do making me do the other half in the afternoon which, to my philosophical chagrin, is also split into several increments including the dreaded half.

Oh the terror of the thought of how my own parents might have reacted to Zeno and his dreaded mathematics for indeed I might have never been born or even worse. If my parents only completed their job half way, instead of enjoying a whole whit I would have been a half wit and I might have been known for being half assed instead of a total ass.

Better that I should never have read anything about Zeno or his paradoxes or at the very most, maybe I should have only read half of them..........................

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Methinks you need something to help you sleep @Bobby Cole :D

Ina I. Wonder and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Maybe it’s just a lose screw @Bobby Cole. Could be you need a half turn on that screw. Be careful though if your left handed like me. I can never remember which way to turn the durn thing. :mad:

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It still is not a problem for remember: Right is what is left when everything else goes wrong.

6. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

That’ll work!! :rolleyes: :D

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  7. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

In a classic physics, the ball bounces an infinite number of times in a finite period at which time it does come to a rest.
    In quantum physics and using Newton's 3rd law of 2 dimensional motion, the reaction to an action insists that nothing ever comes to a complete rest. :)

It is indeed strange that all of Zeno's paradoxes are a part of some major student math studies all over the world. His logic defies that which is not logical but at the same time is totally comprehensible.

Ina I. Wonder and Joe Riley like this.
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"A job begun, is a job half done"!;)
    [​IMG]