And We Wonder Why So Many Haven’t Been Working

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Thomas Windom, Dec 23, 2022.

1. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

About a month ago, I caught a short interview that featured a Los Angeles homeless man. He stated that he was happy with the $620 a month check and the $180 (ish) food stamp allotment he got for being homeless.
    When asked if all the homeless can get the same thing, he simply said “yes, all a person has to do is apply”.
    When also asked if he was looking for work he returned with the question, “why”?

Now granted, a total of $800 a month isn’t a lot of money anywhere especially in Los Angeles but for someone who doesn’t mind sleeping in a small tent or on a pallet of sorts and has literally no overhead……….

Thomas Windom and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I heard a recording of a young gal call into a radio show discussing welfare. She was a second generation welfare recipient and said her mom taught her how to live that way. She told the radio host she does it by choice and said why, if someone will voluntarily give you these ridiculous amounts of money, would you not do it? She said you have to be crazy not to.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Jeff Elohim

Registered

"If someone will" .....
    The devil will arrange ten million dollars for some people.
    They got/get/ the money,
    he gets their soul.

6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This is a disgusting way of looking at things ! Just because someone is on welfare does NOT mean that they have sold their soul to the devil. There is a huge difference between being too poor, or unable to work (or even being unwilling to work) and being evil and selling yourself out to satan.

7. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Well, the evidence agrees with all Scripture, that most of the world, on welfare or not, serve demons and refuse to repent of doing so.
    I do not know too many people on welfare who receive ten million dollars even in their lifetime, let alone per month, so I'm not sure what great bias you have that made you jump to 'welfare' as the target....
    A few years ago, people who did receive millions every month, because of a contract with the devil, freely admitted it/via hollywood channels, etc/ and were not even criticized for it by their co-workers or by others in their 'cliques' /rich people/ ....

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

The TOPIC of this thread is people who are on welfare and not working; so if you are not writing about people on welfare with your crude remarks, then you are WAY off topic.
    This thread is NOT about demon possession !

Thomas Windom likes this.
  9. Jeff Elohim

Registered

I just went back to check the title again... I did not remember if it was about people on welfare or what...
    title: "... and we wonder why so many haven't been working"......

title and many posts indicate corruption... people taking 'free' money instead of working when they are physically able to work ....

10. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Several years ago, New York City introduced a policy for physically able welfare recipients which mandated that they work in community service in order to get their check.
    I do not know all the details like how many hours they had to put in each week but from my understanding, that mandate only worked for a short period of time and went south for whatever reasons.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  11. Jeff Elohim

Registered

Same thing happened in Missouri and in Oklahoma. My family was part of some of the 'programs', willingly, as we needed help at the time for health reasons and with no other resources - no family, no church, no neighbors, etc ...

There were so many problems in the administration, and in the recipients usually too, it could not be an on-going viable system. The higher up managers at the government offices admitted directly to us that they did not know any honest family other than mine. Workers had even told us they wished we had lied, it would have been easier. Corruption was from top to bottom. And still is for the most part. Few exceptions.

============================================
    ====================
    Below is a few quotes from another thread..... they can be edited out or deleted any time. I will try to get just the links to the posts instead, if possible, and replace the full posts with just the links....

12. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

A few years ago around this time I overheard a conversation between a young woman and her mother as the young woman held her own baby. They were making their trip to get free Christmas presents and were delineating all the entitlements the baby was gonna qualify for as it progressed through life...kinda like that imaginary Latina girl of Obama's who leaned on government womb-to-tomb.

Bobby Cole likes this.