Annual Lung Appointment

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bill Boggs, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Chrissy Cross
    Occasionally, there is a case presented (usually in favor of smoking), where an individual has smoked an entire lifetime with seemingly no harmful affect. Had an uncle like that. So badly addicted, he got up in the middle of the night to smoke. I never heard him cough, believe he lived to a pretty ripe old age. His wife and two sons never smoked. Frank

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Yes, there are people who smoke and are in their 90's....I don't know if falcon on SF has quit recently but the last I knew he still smoked and he's pretty healthy even at 95 ...Ive lost track of his age but it's around there.

3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Ok dokey I am done until Thursday when I go back to do all but the stress part. When dr injected the dye...suddenly can not breath heart races and nausea at he same time. Does not last long thank goodness. My BP was so very high before dr gave injection...scared me. After that gave anotber injection that made BP drop like a rock..whew...anyway after coffee meds and food feeling fine.
    Once you eat, then they have machine surround you for 15 mintues taking pictures of your heart.
    Think I need a nap:cool:

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Scary! :)

Take it easy now....you deserve it.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

95-100% is considered normal oxygen levels. Mine are usually 97% or 98%, sometimes higher but rarely lower; it's easy to tease your doctor by holding your breath for a moment, though; it doesn't take long for oxygen levels to go down.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Then mine isn't so bad considering I was a smoker. :)

Ken Anderson likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Mine also 98-99..just depends.

8. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Sincerely wishing the best for you, Gloria.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I think you deserve a nap and a medal for bravery @Gloria Mitchell! :)

10. Bill Boggs

Registered

Sitting at rest I come in at 88-90. Should I carry out the trash or go out and get in and start the car and walk back into the house my BO will vary from 71 to 75. If my trash load is heavy, I'll be 63 to 71. This is observation over cmany many, many months. Too long at this rate is no good for the heart or the brain and could trigger a heart attack. I'm a big ole healthy looking guy who looks as though he could do anything, but have been repeatedly cautioned not to carry out the trash, not to lift my walker into the trunk of the car (the one with wheels and a seat). You know what you wind up doing? You do what is necessary, take a longer rest when you're done and keep your albuterol and your nitro handy. My main problem is that much physical activity just does me in so I cannot take another step and can hardly breathe and sometime can't tell if I am or not. That where smoking generally leads for most of us. Some it never bother much until hit by a heart attack. We're all different and we will not all react the same with smoking or most anything else.

To end on a cheerful note, my roommate and I are reading the Artist's Way together. I've been reading to her since her vision is not good, cataracts. The book is hard for both of us because it is small print and I lose my voice so I bought the Kindle edition so that we can make the print size as large as we need. Now we are reading seperately and at any point either of us want to stop and discuss something, we do. We also pause at the end of each chapter to touch on anything that has impressed either oif us. She used to paint and wants to get back into it. Me, I never did anything but would like to learn to write a little bit, so we're reading this book and taking this creative course together. Its kind of fun. Cheers.

11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Are you on oxygen @Bill Boggs? My mom was. Only at night at first but later 24/7 almost.

12. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

CardiovDr just called the echo cargram came back good. Strong heart and valves!
    Said he would know more later after I finish the nuke tests. So hey that there sound purty good to me...happy dance:)

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Great news!!

Hedi Mitchell and Bill Boggs like this.
  14. Bill Boggs

Registered

Yes, been on oxygen fourteen, fifteen years, maybe longer.

Frank Sanoica and Chrissy Cross like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I think my mom was on it about the same length of time, but only the last few years was she needing it all the time. :(

Bill Boggs likes this.