Another Turkey!

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Frank Sanoica, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Smith's had a mountain of turkeys left over, we waited for the price drop. Before Thanksgiving, house brand $1.49/lb. Too steep for us. Four days ago, we bought this 17+ pounder @ $0.47. Under ten bucks, huge amount of meat. Here he is right out of the micro-wave oven, having endured those electro-magnetic waves for 115 minutes. Internal temp. was a little high, 190 degrees. Breast meat juicy and tender nonetheless! Yummy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Thomas Stearn

Thomas Stearn Veteran Member
    Registered

Goodness, how did you manage to eat that, Frank?:)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I hate turkey...*blaghh*...but a good bargain for you Frank ....

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

We still had some turkey left over from the holidays, and I thought I better use it up before it went bad; so today I made a turkey pot pie with that and a bag of veggies (cauliflower, broccoli,carrots) plus some onions and mushrooms, and used a can of the refrigerator biscuits for the crust, top and bottom.
    Robin gave us one of those copper electric skillets, and this is my first time of trying it out. That thing would easily feed a family of 5 teenagers ...... I won’t need to cook for the rest of the month.......just kidding, but it is a LOT of food !

I think that once it has cooked, I might need to put it in the oven to brown the biscuit crust.

B8D9282A-A21A-4A5E-B653-617F36B21A6B.jpeg

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  5. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Turkey has become my favorite meat as I have aged. Beef used to be my favorite, but my tastes have changed. We had Ham for Thanksgiving, Prime Rib for Christmas, and Turkey for New Year's. Normally we have Turkey for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and Pork and Sauerkraut for New Year's, but we changed traditions this year.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If we don’t count SHRIMP, then turkey is my favorite meat, as well. I look forward to having it at Thanksgiving , and another one for Christmas, and would do it even more than that probably, but the rest of the year, we just have chicken instead.
    The turkey pot pie came out great, got browned in the oven, and is ready to eat.
    My tummy is growling.....

Don Alaska likes this.