Anti-war Protests Across U.s.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Jan 4, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

"Leave Iraq alone. Take our troops out", are what Protestors are putting on signs in Washington D.C., Chicago, New York and other cities. "No war or sanctions on Iran" another sign read.

82 year old Jane Fonda was one of the Protestors in Washington.

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have been reading about this, too, and even the sympathy for the terrorist who was finally killed. it seems incredible that our country has become so divided that part of the people here think that anything that president Trump does HAS to be wrong, no matter what he does.
    The mainstream media perverts every single thing, and the Hollywood celebrities lead the protests and accusations.

I posted this in another thread, but it truly belongs here in this one about the protesters.
    17C410A4-4D12-48FB-BB61-DDA9E74944CC.jpeg

3. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

It does seem tragic that so many troops from many countries have been killed and injured in wars and uprisings that destabilise without any benefits afterwards. Would it not be more beneficial to keep out and make sure security is rock solid at home? Being a cynic I wonder how many fading leaders have committed to war in order to boost their popularity.

4. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Supreme Member
    Registered

Haven't noticed any anti-war protesters myself. But when there's war there is always protesters.

Bess Barber and Beth Gallagher like this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Jane Fonda. Pffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffft. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

6. Bess Barber

Bess Barber Veteran Member
    Task Force Registered

@Yvonne Smith (post 2) What a completely genius idea!! :D

They make it sound as though our soldiers aren't in the military by choice. Granted, they would probably rather
    be somewhere peaceful, but they are well trained and ready to face the alternative.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  7. Jim Nash

Jim Nash Veteran Member
    Registered

For many, anti war protests are defeatist and they are certainly pointless but all my 87 years awful human tragedies have occurred. For us in Europe it was WW2 and for you in America, Vietnam. Now we have the Middle East Where Arabs hate Jews, Arab hate Arabs and Arabs hate the West. We have deposed dictators, destroyed Iraq and flattened Syria. Isis has been conquered but is making a comeback. The Jews are very capable but must be fearful for their future. I wonder, if when Israel was formed in May 1948 the alternative conspiracy theory had been fact and Israel had been established in Argentina things would have been different. Being so influential throughout the world, we British may have been spared the Falkland war.

8. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

One of the most precious freedoms that we in the US have is the right to protest what our government does without fear of reprisal. Even the fools.

Nancy Hart likes this.