April 23rd

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Frank Sanoica, Apr 23, 2019.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Today. I called her two years ago on this date, her 70th. birthday, and learned she was preparing for a hip-replacement in early June. Last year this date, we talked again. Her sister lives in parts unknown; they do not speak to each other. She admitted when I asked: her sister definitely displays signs of mental imbalance, similar to their father's, who cracked up on Oct. 22, 1967, taking their mother and himself. So, the little girl I finished raising is lost to me. The boy, her brother, died on his 25th. birthday, Nov. 28, 1975.

Today. I called. No answer. But heartening was a recording, machine-voice, not hers........maybe she is not dead. Maybe her sister, neither. There is no way I would be notified.........

Today she is, hopefully, 72.

Frank

2. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

I wish good news for you Frank

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

So sorry Frank .:(

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Did you leave a message, @Frank Sanoica ? An answering machine still working seems like a positive sign to me. Is she maybe on Facebook where you can message her ?

5. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Yvonne Smith
    Yes, and no. I left a message she would immediately recognize, but did not leave my name. She previously had her own, old-fashioned voice recorder, with her voice on the recording. Her number may have been re-assigned to another user.........if she's dead. She hardly uses/used email, so, no, FB unlikely. She lives alone with her cat.........I used my own cell, she likely would not recognize the area code if it ID'd, but being a TracFone without assigned ownership, it would have shown "Wireless Caller" only. I stated happy birthday, and I would call again in a few days.

I hate being clandestine this way. Last year I called using our land line, my wife was unaware, I left no message, but Sue called back later. My wife recognized the Vegas Area Code, demanding to know "why is SHE calling you"? My wife may regard her as a threat, since we parted amicably. 43 years ago. My wife broke off with her 'ex cleanly, has had no talk since, that I'm aware of.

Sad case all around. Especially since our 40th. anniversary is two weeks from now.
    Frank

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Remember the good times.

Frank Sanoica and Yvonne Smith like this.