Are They Drunkards?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Frank Sanoica, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

I started this thread with trepidation, concerned lest it prove offensive. It took a gulp of vodka to sway my thinking enough to go ahead. During my OP writing, I felt the need to "compensate" somewhat, and deviate from my original path, to condition the thinking of my readers that I had not imbibed (much).

Some see through smoke and screens very amazingly efficiently! No one seemed offended; many "opened-up". Nearly every post received likes upon likes! This was rewarding to me!

It may even convince me it's time.............or, rather, it SHOULD convince me.
    Frank

Beatrice Taylor likes this.
  2. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Just an Imponderable question: Did you phenomenal research involve imbibing any alcohol?

Holly Saunders and Frank Sanoica like this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

:D:D:D:D

4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin
    Of course, it did! But not that the work was conducted in one sitting, but rather over many years time!
    Frank

5. Shirley Martin

Registered

Any harm to your liver?

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin

Of course! The three primary liver enzymes checked during CBT (Complete Blood Test) are AST, ALT, and GGT. My GGT is elevated (bad), while the other two are within acceptable range. Asked my Dr. about it, he replied my CBT is better than his, "Keep doing whatever you do!" Unfortunately, damaged liver symptoms are not detectable until just about too late.

So, I have.
    Frank

7. Shirley Martin

Registered

Well, you 'bout as well relax and have another drink.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  8. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin

Admittedly, after an altercation many years ago with a home-town cop who had pulled me over for non-stop at a stop sign at a cross-walk in the parking lot, private property, of our local shopping center at 2:00 AM, and I was indeed inebriated, I NEVER drink when I expect to be "out and about". That cop looked at my DL, noted it was about 2 miles to my house, directed me to drive home, and he followed me! Don't think his jurisdiction extended to private parking lots back then, but today, tentacles reach out EVERYWHERE!
    Frank

9. Beatrice Taylor

Beatrice Taylor Veteran Member
    Registered

My father drank Genesee beer.

He ended his working life as a mechanics helper working on heavy equipment. He and his co-workers used to drink at work in those days and it was common to see a man walking across the yard with a five-gallon pail, partially filled with cold water, that contained a six-pack of beer.

As a kid, I was always partial to the commercials for Utica Club with the voice of comedian Jonathan Winters.

Utica Club: "We drink all we can, the rest we sell."

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't mind you asking questions @Frank Sanoica. If I don't want to answer something to ask I just will tell you that. :)

As to your first question I am perfectly happy 98% of the time with my husband's love for me and that other 2% has nothing to do with how much he loves me...but more with how he behaves once in a while. I think a man and a woman measure and show love in different ways but I am perfectly happy with my husband's love (although not always his behavior) and would not have stayed with him these 14 years if I weren't.

Over the years I have had to impose a few more boundaries...as problems came along that necessitated this...and so far there have been no real problems because of this. He might not like every boundary that is in place but he knows he is not single anymore and can not just do anything he wants to like back then. And he doesn't resent or hold these boundaries against me...so I think he realizes he needs those boundaries too. We have a very good, peaceful, and loving marriage almost 100% of the time in spite of the fact that he is an alcoholic.

To put it the way you did...Yes, I believe he cares about me just as much as I care about him. And I believe if I had to impose any boundary...he would do his best to comply with it because he does not want to lose me...nor I him.

Don Alaska and Frank Sanoica like this.
  11. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Babs Hunt , I have read that there is no such thing as a perfect man. If you have one who makes you happy 98% of the time, you are indeed blessed.

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you Shirley. :) There is no such thing as a perfect woman either. And we all have addictions too in one form or another. I am blessed and in my past I have sometimes been cursed with an ex...so I do know how to tell the difference. :)

13. Shirley Martin

Registered

Now you wait just a cotton pickin' minute! We know that women are perfect beings.:mad:;):D

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well you can be perfect if you want to be Shirley. I don't want to be...it's to much work and not much fun either. :)

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  15. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Shirley Martin

Here we have written proof that humility cleanses the soul while cleanliness is next to Godliness!
    Frank