Are You A Grandparent Raising Your Grandchildren?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Babs Hunt, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

http://www.raisingyourgrandchildren.com/

I know in my heart that if for some reason we needed to raise or finish raising any of our grandchildren...we would not hesitate to do this.

Is there anyone who has or is doing this on the Forum?

I help my daughters with our grandchildren as often as I can...which is most times when they ask for my help. Right now when my youngest grandkids I help often because they are not in school full time. But this is not the same thing as raising your grandkids 24/7. There are many grandparents though that are raising their grandkids 24/7. Are you one of them? Even if you aren't, is this something you would do if it became a necessity?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

If necessary, YES but in reality the youngest 3 have their Aunt and my daughter's boys are older. I am the legal guardian if they should both die but it's really only a 14 yr old...his brother at 18 is considered an adult.

3. Ann George

Ann George Veteran Member
    Registered

No we are not "raising" our grandkids as it has not been necessary but we do have some friends who are very active and supportive (financially) in the lives of their gk and ggk. These cases involve children with learning difficulties and other challenges such as autism etc., and for whatever reason the parents are unable to cope. Our friends also have ongoing health issues and problems of their own. As getting outside help can be very difficult if not impossible, they have told me that they are doing the best they can under the circumstances and are literally fighting for their family. I do what I can to offer them some moral support and continue to keep them in my prayers.