Are You A Sexagenarian? 60 To 69 Years Old Please Respond

Discussion in 'Retirement & Leisure' started by Lon Tanner, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

What are your expectations for the next 20 years of your life? Will you be working? Will you travel? Will you be moving or relocating?

2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Man, I just missed the mark back in February! I used to be a sex whatever guy and now I’m a septu whatever guy.

Either way, it’s same answer as it was just before Feb. 11.
    20 years ago or 20 years from now doesn’t make any difference. It’s all about Now. This very minute is the most important time of my life as will be the next minute if indeed that next minute comes about.

Beth Gallagher and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Lon Tanner

Registered

Of course now is important to all of us but some of us have plans for the next few years of their lives Do you & will you share?

4. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

What is soon to be 72 year labeled as?
    I am with @Bobby Cole on this one.
    I am only concerning myself with my next breath and hoping to awake in the morning. :p

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  5. Lon Tanner

Registered

You are a Septuagenarian Gloria and when you get to 80 you will be a Octogenarian like me.

6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

I know you do not understand but I do hope and pray that someday soon you will.

Ya see, I do not plan on waking up tomorrow. If I do, I give thanks and go through the day doing whatever project I wish to do. If perchance I am not finished with the project and do not wake up tomorrow to finish it, I will not care.
    Yeah, I do make some tentative plans but the facts are, my future is totally out of my hands. All I can realistically do is smile and say “maybe”.
    It’s like the parable about the rich man who planned to build a bigger barn the next day but alas, he didn’t wake up to do it.
    Of course, the basic lesson of that parable was that he should have been more concerned with eternity than the things of this world but you get the point.....maybe.

I was taught many years ago (Biblical paraphrase) not to worry about the things of tomorrow for tomorrow has enough evil unto itself.
    I learned that lesson very well just a few years ago because in all actuality, the “barns” I’ve been able to build in the last 6 years or so, if not for the grace of God, should not have been built at all.

In short, I’ll make my plans for tomorrow.......tomorrow.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh honey ..
    Trust me...my making it to 80 would be a.miracle. If I make to 73-75 that is longest anyone had made it on our end.:)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't know what we'll be doing. "Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans." I thought we'd be doing a lot more RV travel, but we are always tied up with taking care of my MIL's business and seeing after her so we don't get to leave for extended periods. We will definitely NOT be working.

I wouldn't mind moving to a smaller house, maybe on a couple of acres. We don't need a 5-bedroom house any longer but we're in a good location with good neighbors and our mortgage has been paid off since 2009. So we'll probably stay right where we are.

Lois Winters likes this.
  9. Lon Tanner

Registered

Thanks for sharing Beth and I wish you the best what ever you do.

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  10. Lon Tanner

Registered

You will be the exception.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Lon Tanner

Registered

O -- I do think I understand---You are of the NOW I LAY ME DOWN TO SLEEP etc. etc. group RIGHT?

12. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Nope....you really do not understand Lon otherwise you’d realize that your attempt to use a bit of sarcastic humor would be best suited elsewhere rather than wasted on one such as I.

Just as you take your monetary non-believer’s life seriously, I take my Christian life just as seriously.
    Not to be in any way insulting but you plan to be right where you are tomorrow. You plan on breakfast, lunch and dinner and hope the rest of the day will be kind to you.
    There’s nothing wrong with that mind you, it’s just not the philosophy that I live by.

You might say that I am limiting myself by the way I think but on the contrary, I cherish each moment and with those moments I thank God that I am still learning and still able to simply do. Each moment that I am productive is counted as a blessing and something to celebrate.
    Believe it or not but there are those who will plan for whatever kind of future they wish to have but will never realize the blessings they have had throughout their journey because they’re stuck at making more plans for the future.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2020
  13. Lon Tanner

Registered

I mean't no sarcasm Bobby and totally support your Christian Life. I was merely trying to understand your way of thinking and I was right. My own way of thinking is not carved in stone and as a skeptic I tend to take many things with a grain of sand. I am well aware that because of my age and health I could go to sleep tonight and never wake up. I never worry or agonize about this. And if perchance I do wake up I will look forward to that first cup of coffee. As for the rest of the day --as they say in Spanish Quien Sabe

Bobby Cole and Beth Gallagher like this.
  14. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

We should all be so lucky to just go to sleep one night and not wake up. I don't fear death but I do fear the cause of it, if that makes sense.

15. Lon Tanner

Registered

If you die in your sleep why would the cause even matter? Nothing to fear.