Ashes To Ashes

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Hoot Crawford, Jan 30, 2021.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Veteran Member
    Registered

@Hoot Crawford
    If we knew the future we would probably avoid these problems as we do not . They need to be dealt with as you were the one who started or made the problem I think you have the solution. Like one famous psychiatrist said [Milton Erickson] if you were smart enough to make a problem than you know how you made it and you know how to solve it. I know your the decision you make will be right for you. We all love to help but you know more information that all of us.
    We all wait on the decision made by the expert that is you.
    God bless Hoot.

Hoot Crawford likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It's a different thing when a spouse dies than if the couple is divorced. If my wife were to tell me that she wanted to be buried next to her first husband, whom she divorced, I would have a problem with that. It would be another matter if she had been happily married to her first husband, who then died. To be honest, I'd probably still have a problem with it because everyone wants to believe that they mean more to their spouse than anyone else, but it would be a different matter. Either way, I can see that it would be a tough one.

3. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Veteran Member
    Registered

do you have a Will

4. Hoot Crawford

Hoot Crawford Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes but it was done when wife (#2) was still living.

I am very conflicted about all of this....

5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that people have very different feelings about things like this. Personally, I could care less what happens with my ashes once I am gone. I told Robin that if she and the boys wanted to put them someplace , then up in Bonners Ferry where my folks lived when I was born (and my oldest son lives), that would be fine. I really don’t care, so what ever they decide works for me. I won’t be there to care.
    I miss my mom and dad, but the part that I miss is not in their graves.

However, I realize that this is a very important thing with some people, so I can see why it would be causing you so much stress, and worrying about not being able to keep your promise.
    Since the ashes are being kept in a safe deposit box to keep them safe, I can’t see what difference it should make to your fiancé , where that safe deposit box was at.
    Some people seem to think that if they are cremated then they won’t be able to go to heaven, and that never made sense to me either.

6. Boris Boddenov

Boris Boddenov Active Member
    Registered

My wife's ashes are in an above ground church columbarium and my will specifies that mine will be put there too in the same niche.

7. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

I personally took some of my wife's cremains and scattered them on the tee of her favorite hole at the golf course we played and the rest in the Rose Bushes at the rear of our home. This was 1989