Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussions' started by Bobby Cole, Apr 16, 2015.

1. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I am a time traveler from 1895, so naturally I have a lovely Victorian lady as my avatar. Don't believe me, huh? Ok...I'm just somewhat obsessed with the era. I love everything Victorian, Sherlock Holmes, quack medicine, memento Mori, etc. Hence the avatar.

Diane Lane and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My current avatar describes pretty much of my past life. Drifted from job to job, place to place. Was never content and didn't "fit in" anywhere. I'm happy enough with my present situation. Got a 2 roomer, SS income that gets me by, enough to eat and a warm place to sleep. Not quite as much solitude as I would like but I make it work.

3. Jenn Windey

Jenn Windey Supreme Member
    Registered

This particular avatar I chose to represent the playful aspect of who I am. I think of all the avatars I have used thru the years I like this one the best. I have had several in the past in different places that have been of Bunnies of different kinds. About the only other one that I have used for many years is one I do not currently have on this particular computer. It is sort of dark and was my avatar for about 5 years or so consistently. I do have several avatars that are of actual photographs I have taken. Occasionally I have used those.

I am actually on the fence about changing an avatar once I have been established on a site for a very long time. I think it can cause confusion. As a wise person that had a channel a long time ago told me, "the online world is about syntax above all else. What you write and what is read can be very different things. Choose an image that helps people understand what your personality is like so they will better understand what you mean by your words."

Diane Lane, Ike Willis and Lara Moss like this.
  4. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

For my avatar, hmm, I decided to just use my face so it would become ubiquitous in the internet, hahahaaa. Before I joined any forum, what I had in mind was a caricature of my face but come to think of it, why not just my plain face? That photo was taken last year so I still look the same, almost the same in that avatar. And with my user name, that's also my real name. That means I am not a mysterious character here, hahahaaa.

5. Linda Binning

Linda Binning Veteran Member
    Registered

I prefer to use a real photo of myself and most of the time that's really me over there on the left. I like this one with me peeking over the fence as it denotes a bit of humor. I wish everyone used their own photo as an avatar but I certainly understand why some don't.

Ike Willis likes this.
  6. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

That is me in my avatar! I am an angel. :)

Welcome to the forum, Im in Fresno.

7. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

That's me.

Attached Files:

8. Linda Binning

Registered

I've been to Fresno before, have you lived there a long time? I moved to Calif from Oregon about 35 years ago.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive lived in Fresno since 2003, before that Hungary, before that midwest and Pittsburgh.

Thats the short version. :)

Linda Binning likes this.
  10. Linda Binning

Registered

Like the Gabor sisters. :) I have to get off this computer, I'm getting ready to go out of town for a wedding this next week end and I have a lot to get done.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  11. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Im heading to Monterey friday...have to watch oldest grandsons while my daughter and son in law go out of town.

We are getting rain tomorrow and we need it....how is it in your neck of the woods?

12. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello Linda, and wellcome to the forum. Enjoy the wedding, and I hope you come back and let us get to know you. Oh, by the way I'm from Texas, and this picture is only a few weeks old.

Linda Binning likes this.
  13. Joyce Mcgregor

Joyce Mcgregor Veteran Member
    Registered

Yvonne has control over what my avatar might be! This one with Casper is in honor of Halloween. I am wondering what it will change to next. It has been an actual picture of me in the past. But whatever Yvonne puts here is just fine with me.

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  14. Linda Binning

Registered

Hi Ina, I have a lot of friends in TX. My best friend is in the pan handle, we haven't seen each other in years and keep in touch by email now. Some of her kids are getting flooded in Southern TX now. We are suppose to finally get some rain tomorrow so I home it's just normal rain and it doesn't go overboard like Mother Nature seems to be doing a lot lately.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  15. Linda Binning

Registered

We are getting rain tomorrow too and snow nearby. Monterey will be fun. I love the coast but my husband prefers the mountains. My daughter takes us to the coast down by LA sometimes.

Chrissy Cross likes this.