Bachelor In Paradise

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Diane Lane, Aug 3, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good grief, it started last night, and almost the entire first 2-hour episode was a waste. Those who watch it are used to seeing a lot of drama, but this was not the good kind. It's tough to watch someone have a meltdown on television, especially one who seems so unaware that he needs help. Regardless of how much he's hurting from losing his mother, there's no way ABC should have let Chad go on as long as he has, with his abusive and boorish behavior. Also, Daniel was really getting on my nerves with his nasty and demeaning comments about women. He's not a good representative of Canada. Lace egged Chad on, so it seems she hasn't come as far as she thinks she has, with regard to her own issues.

Is anyone else watching? It seems as if Chad will be taking up at least another episode, and if that continues, I might stop watching.

2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I haven't seen The Bachelor in ages. It is contrived and allows people their 15 minutes of fame. Rarely does anyone find true love in this kind of circumstance. I will pass.

3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Of course, like the rest of 'reality' television, it's contrived. They're not much different than regular programs, other than claiming to be reality. There have been a few couples that have made it, but they are few and far between. I still enjoy watching some of the shows, but the format seems to have changed over the last few seasons, and as I stated, if that continues, I won't be watching anymore.