Bad Luck And Material Things

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Holly Saunders, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

First of all let me start by saying I'm very superstitious which kinda goes some way to explaining my question.:eek:..but have you ever or do you regularly rid yourself of items that you might consider to bring you bad luck!!

For example, if I've worn something and something bad has happened more than once when I've worn it, then I throw it out.!! Seriously... I just consider whatever it is has brought me bad luck.

I've thrown out endless clothes because each time I've worn a particular item, something untoward has happened.

Most recently was a beautiful blouse I bought, everyone complimented me on it when I wore it, but each time I wore it something bad would happen..and on the 3rd occasion I was rushed into hospital as an emergency and stayed for 4 days. When I was ready to leave my husband brought me fresh clothing to go home, but that blouse had to go....I couldn't look at it without thinking about the experiences of my hospital stay!!

How about you, do you equate or have ever thought of anything you own as being the bearer of bad luck?

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I know it sounds like you have lost your mind when you says things like clothes having a curse on them, but I also had a suit, suede suit that I really liked. I also had two small children, every time I wear the suit my youngest daughter would soil it for me which meant it had to go back to the cleaners. I could not wear the suit a whole day without it being soiled, I finally gave up and gave the suit away.

3. Ruby Begonia

Ruby Begonia Supreme Member
    Registered

Honestly, those thoughts never entered my mind as to what I was wearing when bad things (or good) happened. I'm not very superstitious. I think the only thing I do that is superstitious is try to knock on wood, but I actually think that's just a habit I picked up.

Some people wear lucky hats, or lucky jackets, etc.

4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not superstitious.
    [​IMG]

Ruby Begonia and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  5. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm not superstitious at all, Holly. If something bad happens to me which it does, I'm usually too upset to notice any tie ins with what I'm wearing etc. My husband had a lucky 4 leaf clover that he carried around in his wallet. He might have been lucky til he died. He was lucky to have married me, that's for sure! :) actually I was the lucky one.

6. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

I am not superstitious at all either, certainly not clothes, I even walk under ladders these days, though I do sometimes touch wood ( knock on wood ) I must admit.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Holly Saunders , I know a lady that gets hysterical if she see someone put their purse on the floor. It's supposed to cause you financial bad luck.

Something I picked up from my Indian grandmother was that when some close or important to you dies you cut your hair. Since my hair has always grown much faster than normal, I would wear it in braids or on top of my head. So it was very noticeable when I would cut it all off very short, but no one ever asked me why I did it except Michael. It's a cathartic action and symbol, as maybe your's is.

Diane Lane and Holly Saunders like this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I had never thought of this but when you wrote about things that seem to draw bad to you.
    I used to have something that when I had some of it would draw all kinds of bad people and when I got rid of it the good people would come around.

It was called money.

9. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

LOLOLOL>>>> :D:D:D

10. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I was kind of superstitious when I was younger. I believed in bad luck brought about by clothes like what clothes I was wearing when I suffered a misfortune. I would also be choosy with my things like the pen that I use for exams that could give me a high grade and the wrong pen could cause me to fail the test.

But when I got older, I realized that bad luck comes and goes no matter what you wear or what you use. And I believe more on the prayers and of my acts that if I do good then it will come back to me.

Diane Lane likes this.
  11. Amy Read

Amy Read Veteran Member
    Registered

Honestly I am not a superstitious kind of person even when I was younger. I always believe that if ever something bad had happened to me the clothes I am wearing has nothing to do with it. If it is my fate or the will of God that a bad luck will happen to me then let it be and I will not blame the clothes I am wearing for the misfortune that had happened to me. And I always believe that in our life journey in this world everything happens for a reason.

12. Bonnie Thomas

Bonnie Thomas Veteran Member
    Registered

I believe as you Amy, that everything happens for a reason. We just need to adjust, adapt and go with the punches in life. I never thought of material things as good or bad in the scheme of things.

But as Ina mentioned above, about cutting hair in the event of death. ...
    Something along that line of thinking, I've always believed cutting your long hair when you are sick with an illness helps you get better. Strange I guess, but I feel it has worked for me.

13. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Cutting my hair makes me feel better but only because it means my hair was getting too long and scraggly.

I always feel beautiful after a trim even if only an inch. :)

I also believe hairdressers possess some kind of magic that makes your hair look and feel wonderful til you wash it.

I don't know their secret, I watch her do my hair and all she does is shampoo, condition and blow dry and yet I can never achieve the same result at home.

14. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

I am superstitious, who knows what the fates have in store, maybe nothing, but I'm not taking any chances. :eek:
    I keep an open mind on all things of this nature.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

I've never thought about this with clothing, but once in a while, a touch of the superstition of my ancestors (probably in my DNA!) creeps up on me. I'm trying to think of what the last thing was, but I'm drawing a blank at the moment.

*However,* I can tell you the first thing that came to mind when I read your post. When my daughter was little, she had a motion-activated toy. It was a creepy little fuzzy thing... but she liked it. After a while (and not very long!) the thing started going off when there was no movement in the room... nothing.

I assumed it needed a new battery so I replaced it but it didn't make a difference. The creepy little demonic monster was really getting on my last nerve, and then one night after I put my daughter to bed and was just lying still with her to say our prayers and tell my nightly story, it started its howling from the other side of the room (okay, it was only "chirping") but that was my last straw. I didn't want to be forever wondering what *was* triggering the motion activation if it wasn't us. Shivers. :(

I trashed it that same night and never regretted it. I realize now that it was probably a manufacturing wire short or something, but I can guarantee I'd do the same thing today. Whether or not we actually "believe" in that extreme creepy stuff, I've never been one to test it... trash the offender and be done with it!