Bad Luck And Material Things

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Holly Saunders, Jan 5, 2016.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

Bill, I have to say your avatar gave me a start. Lots of bad luck, eh? :D

I'm not superstitious but if a black cat runs in front of me while I'm driving, I make a cross in the air. Then I laugh at myself and think, "Who knows? It can't hurt." :D

Bill Boggs likes this.
  2. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:I understand, but everyone wants good luck, better luck and the best of luck always, why not anyway? I found in a book I bought called the Directory of Saints A Concise Guide to Patron Saints by Annette Sandoval. There is a holy saint for good luck too..."Bad Luck Invoked Against: Agricola of Avignon, bishop. ...Feast day, September 2." I pray for myself and family too to have good luck forever and ask Saint Agricola of Avignon for his protection and help always. Don't throw away your beautiful clothes just pray in the name of Christ Jesus to the holy Saint Agricola and you'll be pleasantly surprised with so much good luck and I found that it really works. Go ahead and research it too. Good luck to you and your family forever, amen! You know what...we Japanese believe that red protects you from evil, so I have red bangle on my left wrist and a red bead bracelet on my right wrist. (LOL):cool:

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Thank you soo much krissttina what a lovely post!!

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  4. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

A few years back, an alleged friend gave me a jade ornament, it looked like two hugging gremlins.
    After things started to go weird, I locked it in the shed. Then I decide to destroy the accursed ornament, but it wouldn't be destroyed.
    No heavy hammer even made a dent in it, so down to the rubbish tip it went.
    Things seemed better after that, but whether that ornament had voodoo tendencies or not, I was glad to see the back of it. :eek:

Diane Lane and Holly Saunders like this.
  5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I can totally identify with that Paul! I've had a similar thing happen to me too..it really creeps me out!

Paul Sparky likes this.
  6. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Back in about 1990 I bought a 1967 Chevy. It was my only transportation. I had it until 1994. Bad luck seemed to be my roommate. Car troubles, problems at work, with my family, with everything I touched, it seemed.
    The Chevy finally gave out and I gave it to my son-in-law who wanted it for parst, and bought a 1974 Dodge for $100. A few weeks later I won a substantial sum of money from the lottery. Bailed myself out of debt and things have been pretty much better ever since.
    I believe evil can attach itself to objects, possibly through previous owners.

7. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:You're very welcome!

8. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

I will admit out loud that I have done this. I know it's silly and bad things happen regardless of what we are wearing. But there have been some garments that I wore when something so bad happened that it felt like there was bad karma connected to it. I had a dress that I really felt that way about, no matter when I wore it there seem to be bad things that happened, I finally just got rid of the dress. It was probably just a coincidence but I still got to the point where I didn't like the dress any longer.

9. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:That's so true for clothes get worn so why not get rid of it! Sometimes what helps me is praying and asking Guardian Angels to protect and guard me too. This site has a prayer:

*http://www.ourcatholicprayers.com/guardian-angel-prayer.html

You're welcome in advance and I too feel at peace when I ask the Guardian Angel for help, protection and healings too!:)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  10. Paul Sparky

Paul Sparky Supreme Member
    Registered

'Sod's Law' says, if something can go wrong, it will go wrong.
    From my experience, if you say something's going well, it's will usually go wrong.
    Best not to say anything really, rather than encourage that 'Sod's Law' to prove it's point. :eek:

Holly Saunders and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  11. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

I would not call myself superstitious (nor practice it...such as anything from not walking under a ladder—to the occult practices of astrology, black magic, divination, voodoo and sorcery) because scripture warns us strongly against that, citing that the devil is involved. However, the devil is real and evil does exist according to scripture. So that means, don't put your faith in objects like the occult does, but if you think there is an object that is connected to the devil's work, like a spell cast on it, then by all means get rid of it…like that game…um, oh Ouija Board.

I've never gotten rid of anything, except a ouija board given to me as a birthday present when I was a child, but ages ago I read that this author would never buy an antique because you never know where it's been or if there's voodoo attached. She mentioned the Bayou/New Orleans area and it's Black Magic history. Eek. It scared me at the time but I thought the scripture meant to not believe that. So I ignored her warning. As I explained, I see now that scripture doesn't say "don't believe evil exists"…only not to practice it.

Life has been very good to me but it's also been equally difficult. I have antiques in my house and attic that came from my parents but also antique shops and yard sales. Now that I've read this thread and revisited the meaning of the scripture, I'll be gathering all those that didn't come from my family and haul them down to an antique shop. It's time to purge anyway.

Holly Saunders and Ike Willis like this.
  12. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

This is a very interesting thread. I consider myself somewhat superstitious, and recently posted about it elsewhere. When I was swapping my lottery ticket ($4 winner) our for new tickets the other day, the cashier was on the phone and not really paying attention. She messed up and added Megaplier to one of my tickets, which doubled the cost of that ticket and meant I didn't have the money for another ticket I had requested. When I go walking, I don't carry money with me, and I had enough on the ticket to cover what I wanted. I felt unsettled after that, because I wondered if I would miss out on winning something with the game I didn't have a ticket for, but I wouldn't ask her to fix the problem, because I wondered if perhaps that was 'meant to be', and I'd jinx myself by giving that ticket up. I'm not as superstitious as some I know, but I have always loved four leaf clovers and considered them lucky, although I'm not sure carrying one (when I did) actually brought me any good fortune. I do what I can to improve my life and circumstances, but I like the idea that certain items or routines can improve things, as well.

13. Lara Moss

Lara Moss Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, now that you mention it, I must confess that on 10/10/10, I had a garage sale and many 10s were appearing that day (not so much from sales lol). I had almost as much left as when I started so I donated it to an animal charity store who came to pick it all up. The number of her address was, you guessed it, 10. For the rest of the day I saw more tens. I don't participate in superstition but I never thought of it as that. It's gambling and not superstition in my opinion.

So I bought my first Lottery ticket and picked 10s and anything divisible by 10. I had 2 or 3 numbers right plus the power ball was 10. I didn't know that anyone with a correct power ball was a winner so I threw the ticket away (ignorance is expen$ive). Turns out that I would only have won $7 or $100 but that was still pretty good to get 3 or 4 numbers right. $100 probably would have just bought a blouse like Holly had and threw out because it brought bad luck lol (not laughing at you Holly, only at my comment…sometimes I'm the only one who thinks I'm funny).

Last edited: Jan 18, 2016
  14. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I bought the book after reading this, @Krissttina Isobe. If nothing else, it will be an interesting read. I enjoy learning about the saints, even though I rarely remember what I've read these days.

Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  15. Krissttina Isobe

Registered

:oops:Try no sugar added or diet purple grape juice for it helps brain matter and it really works. I hope the book helps and there are many Holy Saints and Arch Angles also to protect, heal and help in life. There is a wealth of information online from churches with question and answer areas for more information. The Bible in Mathew 1:1-6 has about protection from the weather too. Amazing reading and you're welcome in advance. I know it helped me and remember in olden days words is different from modern words so look for synonyms when looking up things. God be with you and protect you and yours in the name of Christ. :)