Bad Veterinary Care

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Dwight Ward, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

https://getpocket.com/explore/item/...d-of-modern-pet-care?utm_source=pocket-newtab

I've dealt mostly with small town vets and have been happy with their service except on one occasion. When I have to have my animals put down I stay with them, stroke them and talk to them as they are being injected. This one vet, though, did not want me in the room with my cat as he was being euthanized. When I defied him .and walked in on the procedure, I found that he had enclosed Felix's head in a clear globe and was giving him oxygen. The cat was there to be painlessly euthanized and this monster thought he would increase my cat's discomfort during the process and charge me an extra $50 for doing so. I was too grief stricken to protest at the time. Decades later this still bothers me.. I wish I could get this guy's license revoked but he would justify his actions in some way and the state authorities would likely buy it..

This instance, though, was not the kind of bad corporate vet care being.described in this article. I haven't run into it myself and hope I never do.

2. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Veteran Member
    Registered

I'd have had that idiot's license, Dwight. I once had a dog who had all her shots yet she developed distemper and had to be euthanized at once. It turned out that the vaccine was out of date. The Vet was mortified for he had failed to check the dates since he had just received his new order. Well, he was a personal friend and while he offered all kinds of recompense, my dad, and attorney advised him to go after the company and they settled out of court and I had a nice chunk added to my college fund. But, in your case, that guy was totally sociopathic as well as greedy.

3. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My story is that I had my husky fixed and 6 or so year later she developed ovarian cancer. So at that point the vet tells me that once she had a litter she shouldn't have been fixed. He knew she had a litter since he wa also her daughter's vet. WHAT AN ASS