Being Genuine Online and Truthful On the Internet

Discussion in 'Gadgets & Tech Talk' started by Ruth Belena, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Veteran Member
    Registered

I am honest and truthful on the net, You can ask me anything and I will reply truthfully.

Micki Pembroke and Lois Winters like this.
  2. Craig Swanson

Craig Swanson Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

I could well have written that Lois word for word.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020 at 11:00 PM
    Lon Tanner and Lois Winters like this.
  3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

I’ve been a member here since 2015 I believe ..I’ve never hid who I’m where I live, or posted photos of myself when I was young then claimed it was me NOW in the photos.
    I usually post an avatar of what I like ..flowers ..animals ..or my current one is a hug for all who are felling the effects of the current predicament we all find our selfs in .

I’m wary of posting any personal to close to home info as I stupidly did once when we had our home on the market
    I posted what the real estate agent had said about our home ..and a person copied that info and put it to google which bought up my home location / address with photos ..yes once you list a hime for sale it’s there for the world to see however I was most annoyed a member of a forum would do that

4. Peter Renfro

Peter Renfro Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It would be way to hard to keep track of a character and not trip up over time.

5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

True, but you have to pay attention to catch the mistakes. Most people don't pay that much attention.

6. Lois Winters

Lois Winters Greeter
    Staff Member Greeter Task Force Registered

If I wanted to be someone else, I'd have taken up acting.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I get that sometimes too. I am not as accomplished as you were in any one thing but I have done a lot of things and, on Facebook, in particular, that seems to serve as a red flag. When I talk about making paper bags for a living, or teaching college, or working as a youth minister, or doing web design and SEO, some idiot will say something like, "Make up your mind. I thought you were a paramedic," as if they had caught me in a lie.

I even had someone do that in a cat group on Facebook, when I mentioned that I had recently lost a cat who was 28 years old. She said, "I'm going to have to call you on that one. I don't believe you," as if I care whether someone I don't know on a Facebook cat group believes me about the age of a dead cat. Well, I guess I do care because it's annoying. Why would I lie about the age of my cat?

Lois Winters likes this.