Best Buy And Music Cd's

Discussion in 'Shopping & Sales' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 8, 2018.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

In the news earlier this week that Best Buy will not be selling any more music CD's. Apparently, cd's aren't selling that well anymore. Best Buy is stating that the newer types of music, like iTunes, are now being used. There are a certain percentage of customers that don't like it that Best Buy will no long sell CD music.

It's actually been a few years since we've bought a music CD. We have plenty of music CD's and a number of them I personally made on the computer back in 2003 or so, by buying a 6-month membership to a Juke Box and CD Recorder. I recorded quite a few CD's for both wife and I.

2. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have not purchase a cd at retail in years. For one thing a lot of the artists I like have passed on or no longer produce. I'm very glad that I kept all my Lps and cassettes. Like you @Cody Fousnaugh I have begun to utilize programs to create my own music cds.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

When we did buy music cd's, we always got the Greatest Hits of an artist.

Wonder how many stores are going to do the same as Best Buy?

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

We have a library of our favorite music CD's and although we didn't add any new ones last year, we usually will add a few more to our collection each year.

Walmart often had a big bin full of music CD's for $5 each and I often found the greatest hits of our favorite bands and singers and would not hesitate to buy as many of the ones we didn't have as possible.

I haven't seen the music CD bin lately at Walmart but they do have a rack with many $5 CD's...just haven't seen any that we would be interested in that we don't have already on those racks.

I can't remember ever buying anything at Best Buy so whether they stop selling CD's or not is not going to matter to me at all. :)

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

We bought Greatest Hits cd's from Walmart, never from Best Buy. But, bought our digital camera, computer, vacuum, tv speaker system and Blue-Ray DVD Player and some movies from Best Buy. For us, won't buy electronics from Walmart.

6. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not surprised at this. I don't even know how to download or get music any other way. I usually purchase CDs from Amazon. I don't have many though. Walmart had a service and I don't know if they do it anymore where you could have the songs you wanted on one CD. I did this once and it turned out fine. Mostly some one hit wonder songs I liked and certainly didn't want to buy a whole CD to get them. It wasn't expensive either.

7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeah, I can see that they might not be worth the floor space anymore, much like they quit selling computer software a few years back, except for just a few.

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

I haven't bought a CD in years... I used to Burn my own CD's using software on my computer, but now I just have all my music stored electronically...

I still have loads of the Vinyl originals in my loft from my teen years tho'... and I've all but given away all my CD's... I don't need them now...

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I remember watching a PBS Classic Rock Concert hosted by a member of The Birds (Mr Tambourine Man) that included Steppenwolf, The Association, The Grass Roots and others. We liked the concert so much, we bought the CD for $125. Yes, $125 and it was definitely worth it.

10. Neville Telen

Neville Telen Veteran Member
    Registered

Here there are record stores like Amoeba and Rasputins that sell used, new and even special order....but I prefer to buy CDs and DVDs online. Usually equal or lesser price, no bus rides with the ferals, no looking through the stacks, or waiting in long lines of college kiddies.