Best Presidents.....?

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Bobby Cole, Jan 21, 2016.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I heard a tid bit on the radio this morning and just Had to look it up, and yup, it was true. In 2014, according to a Texas A & M study (communications department) Mr. Barack Obama, our president was rated by the American public to be the 5th Best President in the history of the U.S. A. !!

The list goes like this:
    Lincoln and Reagan tied for first.
    23 presidents tied for second.
    17 other presidents tied for third.
    Jimmy Carter came in forth.
    Obama came in as the 5th best president of the U.S.A.

Normally, I have to look at most studies like this with a lot of apprehension, but this one seems just about right without having to back track a lot in order to justify it's printing.

2. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

:D I read the first paragraph and immediately my head (after threatening to explode all over the keyboard) started coming up with all kinds of things to say in my response after I got over the shock/horror of what you were saying. Oh and I had some awesome rebuttals, @Bobby Cole !

And then, as Paul Harvey was so fond of saying, I read "the rest of the story" and laughed. Chuckled. Nodded my head furiously. And felt calmer immediately. Truer words were never spoken. I wholeheartedly agree that our current commander-in-chief (gracious, I have trouble gagging on that term when talking about... well, never mind :rolleyes: ) is indeed the 5th best president this great nation has ever seen. :p

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Ah yes, I see my ploy has worked it's wonders. A good cardiovascular workout without having to leave one's chair with the results of doing in 3 minutes what a workout can only hope to do in 15.

Heart rate up to 120? yup
    Calories burned? about a 1000.
    Other rewards? At the end of our workout we have the joy of a huge amount of endorphins with a large dose of dopamine have increased the sense of well being and contentment throughout the body.
    Laughter? The best of all medicines

4. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh, that's a bunch of malarkey and you know it! :rolleyes: 120 heart would have been an improvement... calories... what if it would have backfired on you and everyone reading it would have stress-ate TWO thousand and then blamed you for a high scale reading tomorrow, huh huh?!

And seeing the word "endorphins" tends to make me want to watch Flipper. :p

Someone should make you write "I will not freak out the nice folks at seniorsonlyclub" ten thousand times on the board. No, twenty thousand!

Bobby Cole likes this.