Betting On Horse Racing

Discussion in 'Sports & Recreation' started by Corie Henson, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We lived and breath horse racing because my father was a horse trainer and I had 3 brothers who were jockeys. It's a coincidence that my husband was fond of horse racing and he bets for enjoyment. But he is not a gambler because he bets just a little, about a dollar a day so I tolerate him with that. By the way, horse racing used to be 4 days in a week, that's Wednesday and Thurday nights and weekend daytime races.

But as years passed, the horse racing days were extended to be 5 days in a week then 6 days and now it is 7 days, meaning there are night races from Monday to Friday and daytime races during weekends. You might be surprised to know that my husband had quit betting when the races were 5 days a week. He said that he was not excitement anymore because the races were too frequent much more now that it is everyday.

I wonder why the horse racing had to be held every day.

2. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

I usually win bets on horse racing. I have a simple system. Always bet on the brown horse.o_O

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I like to go to the horse races from time to time, but since the nearest track is now a gazillion miles from here, I haven't gone in quite some time. I got spoiled the first time I went to the track because I won about 30 bucks, so I thought every other time I went, I would win. However, sadly, that was not to be the case. I generally come pretty close to breaking even though. Hmm, maybe I will go to races before it gets cold out. I am not going to say sometime this summer, because I likely won't make it.

Ike Willis likes this.
  4. Hal Pollner

Hal Pollner Veteran Member
    Registered

My dad had a strange system...he would go to the paddock before the next race, and note which horse pooped, then he'd bet on that horse, theorizing that the animal must feel very relieved and will run his best!

Hal