Bible Prophecy, Jews Sacrifice Red Heifer This Year?

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Marie Mallery, Apr 3, 2024.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

This is something I studied years ago not realizing it may happen in my lifetime.
    Wonder if they will put it on what some say is the original site or the one the mosque is on? I only watched part of the video, thinking we could discuss it if interested.

2. Marie Mallery

Registered

On the crest of a hill in the occupied West Bank, five Red Angus cows chomp sombrely on some straw. Around them, a group of Israelis look on in anticipation.

If all goes to plan, these cows could herald the end of the world as we know it.

According to Jewish tradition, the ashes of a perfectly red heifer cow are needed for the ritual purification that would allow a Third Temple to be built in Jerusalem.

That temple, say radical Jewish groups, must be constructed on the raised plateau in Jerusalem’s Old City known as the Temple Mount, where Al-Aqsa Mosque and the Dome of the Rock shrine stand today. Some believe this will herald the arrival of the messiah.

On Wednesday, a few dozen Israelis gathered at a conference on the outskirts of Shilo, an illegal Israeli settlement near the Palestinian city of Nablus, to discuss the religious importance and imperative of the cows, and catch a glimpse of them

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=325b...ZXR0bGVycy1yZWQtY293cy10aGlyZC10ZW1wbGU&ntb=1

3. Marie Mallery

Registered

What do Some Christians thin k about the third temple?

tthew 24:15 ESV / 112 helpful votes
    “So when you see the abomination of desolation spoken of by the prophet Daniel, standing in the holy place (let the reader understand),

Daniel 9:24-27 ESV / 111 helpful votes

Revelation 11:1-2 ESV / 75 helpful votes
    Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two months.

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=9957...pYmxlLmluZm8vdG9waWNzL3RoaXJkX3RlbXBsZQ&ntb=1

4. Marie Mallery

Registered

2 Thessalonians 2:3-4 ESV / 72 helpful votes
    Let no one deceive you in any way. For that day will not come, unless the rebellion comes first, and the man of lawlessness is revealed, the son of destruction, who opposes and exalts himself against every so-called god or object of worship, so that he takes his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming himself to be God.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2024
  5. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

They have had these heifers there for a couple of years now, and if they do not sacrifice one soon, then the cow will be too old to be deemed a heifer anymore; so they are kind of in a fix where they need to make the sacrifice, but they do not have the actual correct sacrificial altar built at the place where they are supposed to be giving the sacrifice and they can’’t do it until the altar is built.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  6. Marie Mallery

Registered

Ynonne, I would think the Jews know what is required for the sacrifice, but I also understand too what you're saying because I wonder the same thing you're saying, where is the alter..
    This is why I put it up for discussion. I have to also refresh my understanding of this years ago when I did a short study in it before commenting much.
    I have not heard they were about to sacrifice since there is no Temple or alter, I know of.

Seems the Temple has to be built according to scripture, it is there for sacrifice.

Revelation 11:1-2 ESV / 75 helpful votes
    Then I was given a measuring rod like a staff, and I was told, “Rise and measure the temple of God and the altar and those who worship there, but do not measure the court outside the temple; leave that out, for it is given over to the nations, and they will trample the holy city for forty-two

Jacob Petersheim likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Registered

This chapter above is called the second woe. The third is yet to come.

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I assume any messiah brought forth by the Jews will be someone other than Jesus.

9. Marie Mallery

Registered

I quoted the New Testament verses which mentioned the alter and Temple and the warning of the man of perdition, who sits in the Temple.

"Jesus left the temple and was going away, when his disciples came to point out to him the buildings of the temple. 2 But he answered them, “You see all these, do you not? Truly, I say to you, there will not be left here one stone upon another that will not be thrown down.”

Signs of the End of the Age
    " 3 As he sat on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately, saying, “Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?” 4 And Jesus answered them, “See that no one leads you astray. 5 For many will come in my name, saying, ‘I am the Christ,’ and they will lead many astray. 6 And you will hear of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not alarmed, for this must take place, but the end is not yet. 7 For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and there will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8 All these are but the beginning of the birth pains."

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Marie Mallery

Registered

We don't have to discuss this at all, I just thought it was news of prophecy. Didn't put it up to cause conflict.

John Brunner likes this.
  11. John Brunner

I hope you didn't take my response as trying to cause conflict. I'm sorry if that's how it came across. So do you think the Jewish sacrifice of the heifer bringing about the end of the world is part of fulfilling the prophecy of Jesus' return? I'll admit, my knowledge of End Times scripture is not all that great. And there are folks who think that Biblical prophecy can come true over and over and over during the history of Man...that civilizations can be built, thrive, fall into sin, be destroyed, then the cycle starts all over again.

12. Marie Mallery

Registered

John just misunderstanding is all, no argument,
    Some also say this Temple prophecy has already happened, I' not sure either way, why I put this up to study.
    Of course the red heifer brought it to mind.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

No worries. As I said, there are those who believe that much prophecy (except the Second Coming) has come true over and over. And I still think the subject of the Jewish messiah is an interesting question.

14. Marie Mallery

Registered

15. Marie Mallery

Registered

This is why the Bareeans,'spl' said to study and prove all things, my words of the quote.
    I used to study more on prophecy than I do lately. Things are looking more in tune 'for better words' to the Bible now.