Noah & The Ark

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Bob Kirk, Sep 25, 2019.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

You either believe...or you don't. For those who believe we know that nothing is impossible for God!

Ken Anderson likes this.
  2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My son sent me this interesting youtube video, and it has a lot of good information , not just about Noah and the flood; but about things that early believers in God knew (or were told by God) that line up with science.
    The person giving the talk compares Bible scripture and what the Old Testament says compared to what other pagan cultures of the time believed, and what we are now being told by science.
    He explains what was believed about the earth by other cultures of the time,( i.e., that the stars were actually Gods), and then explains what God said in the Bible about what the stars are and what they do, and compares it with what science tells us about stars.

Obviously, I do not expect that watching this is going to magically change someone from an atheist to a believer in God; but for those of us who do believe the Bible, or just have an open mind about God; then this is worth spending a few minutes watching.
    This is one of those videos that you have to click on the link to play it from youtube to watch.
    Here is what it looks like, since you can’t see it from the link.

IMG_5207.jpeg

Joseph Carl likes this.
  3. Joseph Carl

Joseph Carl Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The video plays if one just searches for it on YouTube, however it is poor video quality.

I'm glad you and your son appreciated the content Yvonne. I watched it; thanks for sharing. It's just the type of apologetic material I study regularly. In this case, the material's right on and the speaker Jim Wallace is excellent. He's most famous for his cold case Christianity books, sermons, and website. For a lengthy but unusual, evidencial defense of the Gospel message from him, I recommend the following video:

And for those that want to watch another, sharper video demonstrating the Bible's divinely inspired scientific insight, I recommend this excellent sermon from Charlie Campbell:

https://www.youtube.com/live/E2e0abPE0cI?feature=share

Yvonne Smith likes this.