Biden’s First 100 Days, And Beyond

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Shirley Martin, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

When Obama was campaigning for president, I made a list of some of his most popular promises to see how many he kept. Now, he didn't say, I will try to do this or that; he said, "If I am elected president, I WILL DO this or that. I limited it to ten promises. At the end of his term, I checked to see how many he had kept. None. Zilch. Nada. Not a single one.

So I'm going to check President Biden. Anybody remember all he made? I need to make my list.

He and his party has broken one right off the bat.

Voters enraged as Dems back away from $2,000 checks

If you send Jon and the Reverend to Washington, those $2,000 checks will go out the door," Biden declared. "And if you send Sens. Perdue and Loeffler back to Washington, those checks will never get there. It's just that simple. The power is literally in your hands."

Ossoff and Warnock made the same promise.

Now, FoxNews.com reports, the freshman senators support the Biden administration's proposal for $1,400 checks, arguing Trump already delivered $600 payments earlier this month.

Georgia Democratic Rep. Oscar Zaro said "Warnock and Ossoff made it a point to endorse and exclusively say '$2,000 checks.'" "A lot of the people in my district voted blue in the runoff for two main reasons. One: Loeffler and Perdue denying us relief during COVID while profiting millions themselves; and two, $2,000 checks," he said.

Rogelio Linares, a Democratic canvasser during the runoff elections, told Mediaite that he feels "like s---" over the issue and called it "a betrayal of the working class."
    "I was lying to people that were relying on this. At the time I didn’t know it was a lie," he said.

Content created by the WND News Center is available for re-publication without charge to any eligible news publisher that can provide a large audience. For licensing opportunities of our original content, please contact licensing@wndnewscenter.org.

https://www.wnd.com/2021/01/voters-e...e67b2f02003c45

2. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It’s hard to tell on a few things if Biden is or will keep his campaign promises because it sorta depends on which speech he made and to whom he made it.
    For one, he has a plan for an economic boost but on the first day, pulled the permits for the Keystone pipeline and put a stop on building the southern border wall which ended the paychecks to 52,000 construction workers.
    Another one is that he said he would reduce our military but is sending more troops to Syria. Uh, does getting our troops killed fit into “reducing our military”? Weird but he’s keeping that promise though.

Now, he Has rejoined the W.H.O. and the Paris Climate accord as promised costing billions of dollars to the U.S. taxpayer and incidentally initiated other Covid-19 related orders that were already in place such as opening our public schools. Redundancy?
    Alas, he’s keeping those promises.

Applying to public schools, he also promised to end federal funding to public schools who do not comply with the transsexual edicts (Obama initiatives) such as male equipped humans using formally female only sanitation stations like showers and rest rooms. Of course, that also means more male equipped humans in formally female only sports.
    He’s keeping that promise.

Oh yeah, he also promised to vaccinate 100 million people in his first 100 days but is now stating that D. Trump didn’t leave him with anything to work with. As anyone with any sense would know, Biden has had months to work with the pharmaceutical companies in order to ascertain all the details and real facts but now that he is the president, is saying he doesn’t have any details to work with? Certainly, if anything else he has Dr. Fauci in his back pocket and would have everything he wanted to know just by looking over his shoulder.

Do Note: I was going to start a thread titled, “Biden’s first 100 days and beyond” but I think this thread provided by @Shirley Martin is just as good of a place to post those details.
    I’m not looking for a place to go ugly on Biden the way others have done to Trump but simply list the things he promised to do in conjunction with the things he does and go from there.
    Personally, the I HATE TRUMP scenario with no real facts to back up a bunch of accusations doesn’t do it for me. If Biden does something wonderful I want to be able to give him all the kudos he deserves along with whatever facts his screw-ups glean. I am going to enumerate each and every move this president (and vice president) makes in the next 100 days or so and if @Shirley Martin is so willing, I will post them on this thread.

Joe Riley likes this.
  4. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL! I suppose nobody can even begin to list the promises made, and promises broken, by our last administration. The internet doesn't have enough bandwidth to fit all of that in!

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, he broke his promise about going after Hillary but okay, I really didn’t think anyone would seriously want to go there but if you insist......
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000
    And just for good measure....
    https://yournews.com/2020/10/28/189...nominated-for-5th-nobel-peace-prize-for-work/

That’s just a few of the things he did and didn’t do.

Oh yeah, he did promise to get rid of ISIS which he essentially did until .....today’s news. Kinda tells me that they’re not afraid of Joe.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
    Joe Riley likes this.
  6. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

@Trevalius Guyus
    Please tell us one only one promise made by Trump that he did not do or prevented from doing. Just one

Silvia Benoit likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Well Martin, before anyone jumps on the bandwagon of a better health care plan and the southern border wall, we need to qualify something.
    Whilst a replacement plan for Obamacare wasn’t implemented, Donald Trump did do away with the government mandate that fined citizens for not signing up for Obamacare. Biden rescinded that executive order and the mandate is back.

Then, the promise to build a wall and have Mexico pay for it, had the wall been completed, the tariffs and tolls for goods and people coming across the border at the gates would have eventually paid for it ergo, Mexico would indeed have paid for it eventually. Essentially, Trump was keeping his promise. Uh......Biden halted the work on the wall.

Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I said or prevented from doing

Silvia Benoit likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Registered

@Bobby Cole , I was going to ask @Yvonne Smith to change the title of this thread, anyway. The one you suggested sounds good to me.

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  10. Shirley Martin

Registered

Tree Guy, I appreciate that you have a right to your opinion and I appreciate that @Ken Anderson allows us to express our opinions on this forum. But, if you wish to bash former President Trump, I'd really prefer that you start your own thread. It's easy to do, you know. This one is about President Biden and his actions. @Trevalius Guyus

11. Shirley Martin

Registered

Is that true, @Bobby Cole ? I truly hope not. When Obamacare was pushed through, my grandson had a job making minimum wage with no insurance. He couldn't afford to pay for Obamacare so he had to pay a penalty for several years. That's what made me angry about Obamacare..... why should anyone who couldn't afford the health care have to pay a penalty for being poor?

While President Trump was in office, he got a job with good pay, health insurance, dental insurance, eyecare insurance, and retirement benefits. Thank you, President trump.

Joe Riley and Bobby Cole like this.
  12. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Speaking of Obama.......

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

That was on his “first things to do” list.

The only thing that was attractive on the plan was the pre-existing conditions part of the policy. Yeah, and I guess some folks like the idea of one’s kids being covered until they are 26 years of age but I have a whole different outlook about that.

I do fear that Joe Biden is of the attitude that his former cohort, Obama was slighted and some of his “achievements” need to be brought back to life.
    If I remember correctly, Barrack O said on a couple of occasions that Joe shouldn’t even consider running for the Presidency then all the sudden Obama was stumping for him. Makes me wonder.

I do hope that eventually Joe will start making his own way instead of walking in the footsteps of Obama. That way, at least he will have succeeded [or failed] on his own merit or lack of it.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2021
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Somehow I feel as though I have kidnapped your thread which was never my intention. All said and done though, I do thank you and feel somewhat humbled.

15. Trevalius Guyus

Trevalius Guyus Veteran Member
    Registered

LOL, again. In reading the above, I see that this is an Obama and Biden bashing thread. So be it. I'll not pass this way, again!