Bigotry Is Still Out There

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Ina I. Wonder, Jul 25, 2017.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Go to Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, parts of Colorado and surrounding states. Not common there and I've been to those states.

2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh, because their attitudes are suggesting that they have more rights in this country than Ceaser's family, and that my husband's family is unadulterated by other nationalities, whereas Ceaser can not claim the same. They NEVER totally excepted me because I am 1/2 Native American and 1/2 German. I've always been treated as an outsider, even after all these years.

Maryt Hope likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I didn't see it a problem in the parts of Colorado I've been in but haven't been in the other states except to work elections for a few days or weeks.

Actually Montana is the only state I haven't set foot in...Ive worked in Idaho and Wyoming. Cant remember the other towns besides Jackson Hole though.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Where I went to high school, there was only one black family and during my years at that school, never once seen the students.

In my entire Navy Basic Training graduating class, there were only two black guys. That was out of 70 sailors.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, you've been in different parts of Wyoming, North and South Dakota, Idaho, Nebraska and Kansas....I have. In fact, when we lived in Parker, Colorado, I didn't see any blacks at all. None at restaurants or local Walmart.

Might be hard to believe, but not every city or town in the U.S. has a large percentage of Blacks, Asians, Hispanics or even Whites. There are small towns/cities in Colorado where there is less than 1% black, but higher percent hispanic.

6. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive only been where I said in my post but now that you bring up Nebraska and Kansas...yes, Ive been there too but long ago.

Fresno probably has more Hispanics than blacks and Clovis which I'm on the border of has even less.

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I'm part German and part something else, but have never had a problem. But, then again, I've got a friendly personality and, no matter what the nationality is that I meet, they see that.

Maryt Hope likes this.
  8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Actually, I have yet to meet an interracial farming or ranching couple.

Perhaps I'd get along better with folks on a farming or ranching forum than here. They would understand me better. Hummmm, something to think about.

Actually, I think there are those in this forum who would love it if I left. I just don't have the "open-mind" that many here do.

9. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Ive probably never met a farming or ranching couple. Have met some people in Agriculture in California but theyre not the ones working the land...they're high up and owners of companies.

10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

You don't have to leave @Cody Fousnaugh ....plenty on here don't agree with me and plenty I don't agree with...sometimes a short break helps.

I do dislike some people but it's always on an individual basis not because of what group they belong to.

11. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh , you are on the right forum. I've really enjoyed your different perspective, and I don't feel that you are deficient in "open mindless" at all. If you were, you would not take the time to try and get us to understand how you see this world. I would sure get tired of talking to just myself, or only like minded people.

So if I have offended you in any way, I most sincerely apologize. I just enjoy our differences, and Dude, you bring some kicking ideas with you. So stick around and argue with us!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hard to believe that in 2017 people 'still' have a problem with race :rolleyes: Pathetic beyond words

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Why ? Have we 'all' got to be like minded - impossible anyway

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

In any case @Cody Fousnaugh ...here's an avatar for you...works for me. :)

IMG_1140.JPG

Yvonne Smith and Patsy Faye like this.
  15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Agree! If you want like minded...go to N. Korea. :) You don't have A choice there.

Patsy Faye likes this.