Block Heads

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Martin Alonzo, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a friend that believe the news and science so much that if science said the moon was square he would not go outside and look but just stay in the house and argue that science is right.

He lives in Canada so that might help answer why. We have an ongoing discussion about global warming. He sends me all the scientific results of a consensus of global warming. I tell him that consensus is not science and is not complete because there are science whom disagree. Then he sends me a page from livesciennce.com saying the Antarctic is melting but when I go to Google Earth and check the years the ice is growing fast. Then there is the pages in newspapers about the save the Polar bears but when I go and check the census for polar bears they are doing just fine. His mentor Mr. Al Gore told him that by 2012 you will not see snow again I guess he has not walked outside. Then he told me I need to make an ark because I will need it. So I checked sea level rise it has not changes rising about 3mm per year for over 100 years. In this day and age we have the capability to check what is real and what is just BS but if you do not take the time to question you will believe the BS

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
    Ken Anderson and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

He lives in Canada so that might help answer why.

Cute, @Martin Alonzo! I know you tend to take on the viewpoints of your environment, sometimes without thinking. Minnesota of all places is setting all-time records for snowfall, and much of the Northeast part of the U.S. has had a terrible winter, and it is not over yet. There was just a paper published here speaking to the fact that millions of years ago, Alaska was much closer to the North Pole, but was more like British Columbia or Seattle in climate.

3. Emma Smith

Emma Smith Veteran Member
    Registered

Climate change is a better way to describe it.
    If it's a hoax, the weather's playing along.

Lulu Moppet likes this.
  4. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Don in the maunder minimum the last ice age Alaska was warm look at the map.
    ScreenShot_20180201091054.png

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Of course, the climate is changing. That's what the climate has always done.

Don Alaska and Martin Alonzo like this.